Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

"Dear bully/bullied..." Watch

Announcements
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    This week (13-17/11/2017) is Anti-Bullying Week. Many of us will have experienced bullying ourselves, or even bullied someone.

This is a space to write a letter, long or short, to the person on the other side of it - whether the person you bullied or the person who bullied you. You can write anonymously if you want to

:heart:

Dear bullies,

I want you to know that you destroyed me. If I see a group of teenagers, or even kids, on the street I cross the road to avoid them. If I can't do that I walk past as fast as possible, head down, hands in pockets, praying that they don't say or shout anything at me. Praying they don't even see me. Even adults scare me. I can't go to the supermarket without worrying about being judged by the other customers.

I want you to know that I can't look in the mirror and feel good about myself. It doesn't matter how long I spend styling my hair or how long I spend picking out the "right" outfit, it will never be right. I have a girlfriend, and I regularly tell her to leave me, to find someone who isn't a complete loser and who will is better looking, more confident, has better prospects, and doesn't talk to a psychologist every week.

I went to university, I made no friends despite trying my hardest, I spent 4 years completely alone. I graduated with a 2:2 and didn't go to my graduation, what would have been the point; there was nothing to celebrate and no one to celebrate with.

You ruined my life and I see you on facebook getting on with yours happily without giving a **** about the effect you had on me. You did things to me that will never be fixed. I hate you and will never forgive you.

Yours sincerely,

Anon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Dear bullies,

I want you to know that you destroyed me. If I see a group of teenagers, or even kids, on the street I cross the road to avoid them. If I can't do that I walk past as fast as possible, head down, hands in pockets, praying that they don't say or shout anything at me. Praying they don't even see me. Even adults scare me. I can't go to the supermarket without worrying about being judged by the other customers.

I want you to know that I can't look in the mirror and feel good about myself. It doesn't matter how long I spend styling my hair or how long I spend picking out the "right" outfit, it will never be right. I have a girlfriend, and I regularly tell her to leave me, to find someone who isn't a complete loser and who will is better looking, more confident, has better prospects, and doesn't talk to a psychologist every week.

I went to university, I made no friends despite trying my hardest, I spent 4 years completely alone. I graduated with a 2:2 and didn't go to my graduation, what would have been the point; there was nothing to celebrate and no one to celebrate with.

You ruined my life and I see you on facebook getting on with yours happily without giving a **** about the effect you had on me. You did things to me that will never be fixed. I hate you and will never forgive you.

Yours sincerely,

Anon.

I am so sorry you feel like this, I felt the exact same for a lot of time, even at university. I know I can't say anything to make it better so I just wanted to say you aren't alone! And that nothing anyone else says is ever worth feeling that over.
    I spent a lot of time focusing really hard on finding things I liked about myself and looking for things I could spend time on to make the most of those and eventually got more confident and made real friends. I hope you can find a way to do that too.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Dear bully,

I hope you're in a better place now.

I hope you've improved your standards from tormenting 11 year olds about their disability. I wouldn't like to think that you are in any way still stupid enough to waste your time hurting others.

Sure, you might not like me, and I don't like you: that's not the issue. I don't like being smug but I can't help it sometimes. But chances are my social position will end up higher than yours. The evidence shows it.

While you spent your education tormenting others I decided to work hard and that has so far paid off for me.

What I worry about though are the others. The others who were not as resilient as me. The others who were treated worse, and were affected more badly. Are they doing better than you now? I don't know. I hope they are, I hope they're okay. I hope you haven't crushed their self-esteem like you tried to do with me but they might not have been as strong to resist.

Because if you did. If they are not okay and that is because of you, then you are lower than I'd imagined. You are a fool, and I use words as strong as fool in this context because I am serious when I say that to cause misery upon others is never something to be proud of. And those who wear it as a badge are quite frankly evil.

I'm going to sign this letter off now, and say that I hope my fears are not realised. I'm keeping a positive attitude and I will not be anxious about unanswered questions. There is one phrase I seem to have kept repeating throughout this letter: "I hope".

Thank you,

MR

Like that fact because of you and your gang giving me chinese burns and swearing at me and forcing me to hide behind sheds that i moved to a far better school than i would have ended up going to had i stayed in that area. Had a much better life and got much better grades as a consequence of that move so thanks

ReputationRep:
    Dear bullies
    Tbh, I genuinely have nothing to say.
    I thank you for showing me your true colous, lest I'd still have you in my life.
    I believe what comes around, goes around harder. But I do not wish it on anyone.
    I'm proud of my successes and you made it all the sweeter.
    X

ReputationRep:
    Dear bullies,

I got far better GCSE's than all of you.

Sincerely,
    Fractite

Dear bullies,
    Was it worth it? Did mocking me, teasing me, excluding me really make you feel any better about yourself?
    Years later and it still hurts. The pain is still there; ingrained in my brain, where I am doomed to relive over the past over and over again in my head.
    You had a choice. You choose to make fun of me at a time when I was very vulnerable. It wasn't just me tough was it? I used to cry after every holidays, not wanting to return to school and you know about the times I ran out of class, trying to escape. There were others as well, whose life you made hell for those years.
    I have finally started to turn a corner and focus on succeeding and proving you wrong. I know that I can do it and the only way I can get my own back is to live the best life I possibly can.

I will do it.

Yours sincerely,

Anon

ReputationRep:
    Dear Bullies,

I love you.

We both know you will serve me coffee, clean after me ... Is it why you hate me? I would give it a thought but I have better things to do.
    And no I am not looking forward to date your girlfriend not even for money~

ReputationRep:
    Dear Bully,

Screw you ya w*nker

Yours sincerely

Dear bullies, you destroyed our childhoods. You were a terrible teacher and I hope you aren't dealing with children any more.

ReputationRep:
    I have been bullied extensively throughout my life. I myself endured ongoing and moderate/severe mental health problems as a result. My experience of these mental health problems and the bullying I experienced have lead me into a career that I love. More than this it has allowed me to naturally adopt a non-judgemental and hollistic approach to people that I meet in life. Bullying changes lives forever but I always believe that my life is still what I fight to make of it.

ReputationRep:
    Dear Bullies, I want you know that you never won. I got through the pain that you caused me and yes I’m still here.

The times you ignored and hurt me. The times when you spread rumours and couldn’t face me. That really hurt me, but thank you for making me stronger.

You made me feel like I didn’t deserve life, you brought on a dark side of me, but I fought, I won. Thank you again.

You ruined me but at the same time recreated me, you made me a stronger and better person every though you were meant to make me weak. Thank you, but I will always hate you..
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Well... I have a lot to say to my bullies but it’s best if I keep it to myself.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevin Hodge)
    Well... I have a lot to say to my bullies but it’s best if I keep it to myself.
    Don't feel as though you have to keep your emotions closed up. If you don't want to share it online then maybe write some of these things down for yourself?

Dear Bully,
    This has been going on for nearly two years, I have reported you twice, and yet still you think you can get away treating me and others like this?
    What you spread on social media has deeply impacted me and it took a lot of courage to install anything other than Facebook and WhatsApp. The way you used to exclude me and tease me about my body will remain with me forever, and it still makes me angry every time I think of it.
    You have not won. You will never win. Karma will come around.
    Stop playing the victim, grow up, and accept that you have deeply hurt someone, that YOU were the bully. Lying to every teacher will never cover up how you damaged me.
    The sooner you are out of my life and I move on to a better school for my better and already brighter future, the better.
    xoxo
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04MR17)
    Don't feel as though you have to keep your emotions closed up. If you don't want to share it online then maybe write some of these things down for yourself?
    That sounds like a good call. I’ve kept things to myself for a long time.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevin Hodge)
    That sounds like a good call. I’ve kept things to myself for a long time.
    In my (limited) experience, it's always good to get things out of your system. Take care.:heart:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04MR17)
    In my (limited) experience, it's always good to get things out of your system. Take care.:heart:
    Thanks I’ve never really taken it out of my system before

Dear Bullies,
    I wasn't self-conscious before you came into my life, no I have to make sure whatever I do doesn't provoke abuse from you.
    After I shared my problems with the school, you started spreading rumours and now I'm reduced to silence and hiding.
    I'll give you one thing I didn't really know of mental health before all of this, now I understand how painful and hard hitting psychological attacks can be, to the extent that I'd rather be beaten black & blue then face your mocking, jeering and gossiping again, that I find far more painful. Of course, one day you'll look back though I hope I can endure this and become a stronger person rather than the fragile insecure wreck I feel like I'm turning in to.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 18, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.