Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    okay so I got given access to the UCL portico thing after I was offered a place for History. On here, I've got to post a document of written work. I was given instructions on how to do so and logged on (it was hard enough trying to come up with a password to get full access to the whole damn thing, which is another bloody story altogether). I found the 'upload' button and thought, hey, let's just see how it works, right? I clicked on 'upload' and all of a sudden it says i've uploaded a document. I brushed it off as a glitch and logged out. Then I got a personal email from UCL admissions saying they've "received my document" and are in the process of reviewing it. I "WTF"d and quickly emailed them saying I had NOT sent them any documents and that it had been a complete accident. (Haven't had a single response in 3 days). The next day I went on to portico again to check the upload button thing and now it's not even there?? All there is is a line that says "uploaded documents" and a bunch of categories like "document type", "document title" that are ALL BLANK! (obviously because I haven't even uploaded anything). Is this a massive glitch on their part or does the "upload" button thing become restricted after a certain time of day? On the website, it does say that portico is supported from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Anyway, I don't think admissions are replying back to me anytime soon and my deadline to submit work is fast approaching and I'm just sick of all these inconveniences that keep happening.

ReputationRep:
    Have you had a reply yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uclhist)
    Have you had a reply yet?
    STILL no! Which is honestly frustrating me at this point, because I even called them to ask what happened and they told me to contact the admissions office which I HAD done in the first place!! I e-mailed again after that, which was three days ago, and still no response! I am emailing the Reigstrar lady today and I honestly feel so embarrassed because this is going to be my 4th email to them. I feel like a 12 year old harassing her crush.

ReputationRep:
    Well, let's see if we can get it fixed. If you email me the details I can chase it from our side, too. I'm David Sim, btw, the Admissions Tutor for the History Department. You can email me at [email protected].

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uclhist)
    Well, let's see if we can get it fixed. If you email me the details I can chase it from our side, too. I'm David Sim, btw, the Admissions Tutor for the History Department. You can email me at [email protected].
    Thank you!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. UCL
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.