dinosaurdoodoo
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm planning on applying for a course in Psychology and Counselling - I was studying Psychology at Cardiff this year but dropped out as the course was too general and I know I want to be a counsellor. Plus, I couldn't stand stats.
So far I'm thinking of applying to Psychology and Counselling at Roehampton and Counselling at UEL. However I'm aware that these aren't particularly well-ranked unis. I got really good grades and sort of feel that I *should* go somewhere really well-ranked (I may apply for Psychology at Bath as a 'just in case' too).
So my questions are:
-What unis should I apply for? Is it better to do a course I'm actually interested in at a 'bad' uni than one I don't like at a really well-ranked one?
-Has anyone had experience at UEL or Roehampton (or any London unis) that could tell me what they are like?

Thank you
remain
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I go to Roehampton! I do straight Psychology not P&C but I really enjoy psychology there and everyone I know who does P&C thinks it’s really good too. But there is still some stats going on for P&C at Roehampton. But I think it’s a lovely Uni, maybe not top ranked but a really friendly and nice place to study! Good luck!
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If you dont like stats then avoid any course that is heavily science based or deals with 'experimental psychology'. BA courses tend to be less 'sciencey' and more Humanities focussed than BSc but read the course descriptions carefully. Lancaster or Essex offer BA degrees, or you could look at degrees like Childhood Studies (Bristol and others) that incorporate Psychology with a Social Science focus.

And make sure that the course is accredited by BPS : https://www.bps.org.uk/public/become-psychologist - this gives you professional status on graduation..
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (344)
34.71%
No (647)
65.29%

Watched Threads