Turn on thread page Beta

What does 'I hope you will bear with me' mean? watch

Please could you help me understand what this means?

i think the meaning is right infront of u
    it just means be patient with me.

ReputationRep:
    it means to be patient with the person while they are doing something.

Ah, I see - they mentioned that they would do their best to read and respond to my message when they could, so does 'bear with' just mean patience?

Also, unrelated question - what does someone mean (literally) they say 'who cares'?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    It's a style of dancing in which you put your back up against a tree and shimmy up and down, like a bear. Very popular dance in Russia. The person who asked if you'll bear with them is hoping you'll perform this dance with them.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    legit just means, 'hold up a sec, im doing something'
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Please could you help me understand what this means?
    STFU I'm busy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by It's****ingWOODY)
    It's a style of dancing in which you put your back up against a tree and shimmy up and down, like a bear. Very popular dance in Russia. The person who asked if you'll bear with them is hoping you'll perform this dance with them.
    :teehee:

:bear:

:bear:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Ah, I see - they mentioned that they would do their best to read and respond to my message when they could, so does 'bear with' just mean patience?

Also, unrelated question - what does someone mean (literally) they say 'who cares'?
    They are asking who actually gives a ****?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 16, 2017
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.