Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I would like to do medicine, and I am predicted A A A however I feel like my GCSE's will let me down when applying as I fit the requirements for most universities however my grade in English language is letting me down as i only got a C. Would I still be able to get in or will my GCSE's limit me to much?

ReputationRep:
    I think you do normally need a B, is there any chance you could resit your English GCSE?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cheesychips44)
    I think you do normally need a B, is there any chance you could resit your English GCSE?
    No theres not😑

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jehanzeb Khan)
    So I would like to do medicine, and I am predicted A A A however I feel like my GCSE's will let me down when applying as I fit the requirements for most universities however my grade in English language is letting me down as i only got a C. Would I still be able to get in or will my GCSE's limit me to much?
    This question has been asked before - try searching on the top right. You are very likely to need a B or above in English and Maths GCSE (in most if not all Universities for medicine).

Also some Universities look for A*s in A-Levels

ReputationRep:
    I have the same problem I really don’t understand why they want to know about my only C in my GCSE’s which was English when the rest of my GCSE’s were A’s and A level grades will be all A’s or higher
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stevenson Brown)
    I have the same problem I really don’t understand why they want to know about my only C in my GCSE’s which was English when the rest of my GCSE’s were A’s and A level grades will be all A’s or higher
    As explained previously (in other threads), the GMC is now looking for a good standard of English for all doctors - so overseas doctors have to do their IELTS and achieve a certain score (which escapes me at the moment). It is only fair that local doctors are also proficient to a certain degree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ecolier)
    As explained previously (in other threads), the GMC is now looking for a standard English for all doctors - so overseas doctors have to do their IELTS. It is only fair that local doctors are also proficient to a certain degree.
    So the only way is by me retaking my GCSE English which I done a year ago and I’m now in my second year of A level
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stevenson Brown)
    So the only way is by me retaking my GCSE English which I done a year ago and I’m now in my second year of A level
    Or potentially look for a medical school which doesn't require a C in English GCSE. I will leave you to find out which (if any!)
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tamatar786)
    No theres not😑
    Why not lol ?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Try and resit english persuade teachers or smth

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nisha.sri)
    Try and resit english persuade teachers or smth
    could be because he already passed it , i got a 5 in my maths but im resisting so i can get a 7 (which i was predicted)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.