The Student Room Group

When should you tell universities you intend on changing course length?

Applied for all four year maths courses but now would like to only do three, any idea if I should get back to universities before or after offers? Thanks!
Original post by HarmonyKORINE
Applied for all four year maths courses but now would like to only do three, any idea if I should get back to universities before or after offers? Thanks!

Wait until after you start the course. The first year will be identical.
Original post by PQ
Wait until after you start the course. The first year will be identical.

Will be applying for things at the start of the first year which can only be done on a three year course or second year of a four year course
Original post by HarmonyKORINE
Will be applying for things at the start of the first year which can only be done on a three year course or second year of a four year course

I see - so you're applying for advanced entry onto a 4 year (Scottish?) course (rather than choosing between an MMath and a BSc)?

In that case ring the universities up today and ask if they can consider you for advanced entry. If you're not eligible for advanced entry then they'll consider you for yr 1 entry before they reject you.
Original post by PQ
I see - so you're applying for advanced entry onto a 4 year (Scottish?) course (rather than choosing between an MMath and a BSc)?

In that case ring the universities up today and ask if they can consider you for advanced entry. If you're not eligible for advanced entry then they'll consider you for yr 1 entry before they reject you.

Sorry- think I phrased that wrong. I will be applying for Spring Weeks in banking etc which are only open to people on the first year of a three year degree or second year of a four year degree and I now wish to do a three year degree.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending