Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Well, here in Scotland a carrier bags costs more than a Bachelor's degree so, I'd probably take the money.

ReputationRep:
    I value money a lot less than most people.

I have everything I need, All I spend money on is holidays. When I’m close to death I wont care about how nice my car was 50 years ago or about how many extra unneeded rooms I have in my house. My idea of success is contentment, knowing I have experienced everything I wanted to.

As you said aimed at ‘Non-Stem’ this is me, but I will hopefully be studying at Cambridge or LSE so if I want a large graduate salary I can probably get one, but I’ll just pick a job I enjoy (something I hear no-one ever say).

ReputationRep:
    Of course, I will take a degree. The value of 50 grand is low as compared to a degree

ReputationRep:
    I have earnt on average £30-70,000 a year since graduating - as a mum I have not worked full time since having kids. Friends without degrees earn on average less than £10 an hour. I earn £80. They NEVER catch up. It's a no brainer. Get a degree. Unless it's in some weird and useless subject.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.