Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

A degree or 50 grand in cash watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Well, here in Scotland a carrier bags costs more than a Bachelor's degree so, I'd probably take the money.

ReputationRep:
    I value money a lot less than most people.

I have everything I need, All I spend money on is holidays. When I’m close to death I wont care about how nice my car was 50 years ago or about how many extra unneeded rooms I have in my house. My idea of success is contentment, knowing I have experienced everything I wanted to.

As you said aimed at ‘Non-Stem’ this is me, but I will hopefully be studying at Cambridge or LSE so if I want a large graduate salary I can probably get one, but I’ll just pick a job I enjoy (something I hear no-one ever say).

ReputationRep:
    Of course, I will take a degree. The value of 50 grand is low as compared to a degree

ReputationRep:
    I have earnt on average £30-70,000 a year since graduating - as a mum I have not worked full time since having kids. Friends without degrees earn on average less than £10 an hour. I earn £80. They NEVER catch up. It's a no brainer. Get a degree. Unless it's in some weird and useless subject.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.