Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently in year 10 and considering self studying GCSE mandarin but I can find any books or revision guides anywhere. If anyone has done it or is doing can you let me know of any books or websites you found helpful. It will be the new 9-1 grading. My mum is Chinese so I know how to speak and listen but I would need some help with writing and reading. Also my dad speaks German so I'm considering self studying GCSE German same situations as before but I can also read (just slowly). Also I'm only doing 9 GCSEs though school and I've seen people take more so I'm kinda worried they will have an advantage.Any help would be appreciated. Also which exam board would be easiest/best? For those of you who have self studied a language how was it? Thank you so much in advance.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Anyone??

ReputationRep:
    i think it would be easier to find revision resources for german as it’s a language taught in most schools, whereas mandarin (while it is becoming more prominent) is only taught in a few...

i’m sorry i can’t help any more? hopefully someone better can help you out

also don’t worry about 9 gcses! i’m doing 11 and i really wanted to do 12/13 but my school kept saying ‘quality over quantity’ - if you got 9’s in all 9 gcses it would be irrelevant how many you did

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clouddbubbles)
    i think it would be easier to find revision resources for german as it’s a language taught in most schools, whereas mandarin (while it is becoming more prominent) is only taught in a few...

i’m sorry i can’t help any more? hopefully someone better can help you out

also don’t worry about 9 gcses! i’m doing 11 and i really wanted to do 12/13 but my school kept saying ‘quality over quantity’ - if you got 9’s in all 9 gcses it would be irrelevant how many you did
    Ok thank you

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.