Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    8
    ReputationRep:
    Just wondering if anyone has any tips on how to manage the huge work loads I’m currently doing all my notes in free periods and 5 hours each night on any home work and exam papers but I just feel like I’m gonna fail as I still can’t get my head around a lot of stuff in lessons
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    Offline

    10
    ReputationRep:
    Relax, it'll all click in at the end, as it does for 70% of the people, the other 30% fail. Also why are you doing exam papers now? It's way too early and you're going to burn out your resources to revise closer to the exam day. What subjects are you studying?
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    8
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CompSci in2k17)
    Relax, it'll all click in at the end, as it does for 70% of the people, the other 30% fail. Also why are you doing exam papers now? It's way too early and you're going to burn out your resources to revise closer to the exam day. What subjects are you studying?
    Chemistry biology and maths and I’m only doing it on the bits I have done so far as I find it is the best way to learn it as then you know exactly what the examiner wants and don’t learn the incorrect definition early on .
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    Offline

    14
    ReputationRep:
    What subjects do you do? Did you choose them as you enjoy them or just because you need them for a university course? Did you do them at GCSE?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    Offline

    10
    ReputationRep:
    I can only speak for Maths, but it is really easy, things just need to click. I would mostly focus on learning the basic steps to approach every question and then learning the select scenarios which are there to trip you up. This is most easily done by just analysing the tests you've done in class. You'll find towards the end of the year that most questions are pretty much the same. I was getting Ds in every single test (for all subjects so Maths, Further Maths, Physics and CompSci) at AS but then everything clicked and I came out with As. Pretty much just give it time and try to understand why things work, don't try to cram all of the understanding, you wont gain anything.
    Offline

    10
    ReputationRep:
    It's also worth noting that going on solution bank and glossing over the solutions of loads of questions you know you won't have time for, or will do, is extremely useful.
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    8
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CompSci in2k17)
    It's also worth noting that going on solution bank and glossing over the solutions of loads of questions you know you won't have time for, or will do, is extremely useful.
    Thank you, I will definitely try that for the maths 😊
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
 
 
 
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Help with your A-levels

    All the essentials

    The adventure begins mug

    Student life: what to expect

    What it's really like going to uni

    Rosette

    Essay expert

    Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

    Uni match

    Uni match

    Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

    Study planner

    Create a study plan

    Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

    Study planner

    Resources by subject

    Everything from mind maps to class notes.

    Hands typing

    Degrees without fees

    Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

    A student doing homework

    Study tips from A* students

    Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

    Study help links and info

    Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

    Sponsored content:

    HEAR

    HEAR

    Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

    Groups associated with this forum:

    View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

    Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

    Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.