Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I have heard that it is beneficial to mention the relevant books, that you have read, in your personal statement when applying for a degree, so which books are the best to have read if one intends to apply to Oxford PPE or Cambridge Economics? Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theeetimdoherty)
    Hi,
    I have heard that it is beneficial to mention the relevant books, that you have read, in your personal statement when applying for a degree, so which books are the best to have read if one intends to apply to Oxford PPE or Cambridge Economics? Thanks in advance.
    Don't worry about "best", read what interests you , aslong as you can relate it to Economics/PPE. If a book is said to be the "best" then chances are lots of other applicants have read it anyway

ReputationRep:
    The best book is the one that has piqued your interest and you can discuss purposefully in your statement. It is about how/what you write about it, not the book itself. Although I know an admission tutor said to me once they do tire of certain over-popular books with generic comments about them.

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.