Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I'm 22 male. I work in a small office with about 10 others.
    About 3 weeks ago a new girl started and to cut a long story short, I've fallen for her big time. I get that butterfly, nervous feeling when I see her, she's constantly on my mind. There is definetely a chemistry between us, we joke, have banter, flirt and she seems genuinely interested in my life and visa versa.
    I want to make a move... make my feelings clear... but, I don't know how to do that without making it awkward and being too forward etc... I mean we've only known each other for 3 weeks! I haven't got her number and haven't added her on any social media yet as I didn't want to come across too keen.

Any advice as to what I should do? Is dating a colleague a bad idea? What if she's not interested and then it's really awkward? How should I tell her and when? (I.e. Do I tell her at work? Or via text? Or what?)
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Boy you fell in love...

ReputationRep:
    Don't ask, just do it.

ReputationRep:
    bro, this is how you want to handle the situation.
    you need to make this relationship exist outside of professional environment, continue to flirt and laugh with her, try to be as funny as possible, gradually increase the level of intimacy interaction without being creepy of forward.Make sure you're action is being reciprocated.Then once you are comfortable around ask her out on a date.If she refuses just say "take it as a compliment". Be brave, fortune favors the courageous.

ReputationRep:
    I had a fling at work and it turned out really bad and in the end we both left lol but it all depends on the people involved. I currently met my new partner at work and I love working with him and if it didn’t work out I know we would both be mature enough not to let it affect our work. Tbh most people do meet at work, but be careful though. It’s only been 3 weeks. Get to know her a little better first before you ask her out. Maybe organise a group works do or something so you can see what she’s like outside of work
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.