Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hi,

if you liked someone even if they had a boyfriend (or girlfriend), would you still pursue it and tell them you like them? Or would you stay well clear? I feel like telling them will give me closure no matter what the outcome as at least I know I've tried... but I don't want to come across as trying to break them up either!

ReputationRep:
    no , u leave them the **** alone , you'd be the biggest piece of **** in my books

ReputationRep:
    No because as soon as I find out they're in a relationship I lose all attraction for them. I don't have time to waste on thhose who will not reciprocate.

ReputationRep:
    no, that'll cause problems

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi,

if you liked someone even if they had a boyfriend (or girlfriend), would you still pursue it and tell them you like them? Or would you stay well clear? I feel like telling them will give me closure no matter what the outcome as at least I know I've tried... but I don't want to come across as trying to break them up either!
    Pretty dumb move. Confessing feelings only works if they are single and already into you. If they’re already in a relationship then confessing feelings will destroy your relationship with them
    • TSR Support Team

No point it will only cause problems

ReputationRep:
    no, I'd advice you not to

ReputationRep:
    Ignore everyone else. Go for it, Mr. Steal Yo Girl.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    I was given the boyfriend bomb earlier after trying and failing to subtly find out if they were in a relationship, just after asking them if they wanted to hang out :lol: which changes it all I guess. I won't pursue it but will make another friend, I guess.

ReputationRep:
    Surprised no one said go for it

Leave her alone! There’s a guy who keeps pursuing me even after I told him a have a boyfriend. I’m on the verge of feeling harassed. If she liked you she would have broken up with her boyfriend. But she hasn’t, so she clearly doesn’t like you.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    You risk ruining your reputation, your friendship and their relationship.

ReputationRep:
    Completely up to you. I'm in the same situation so feel free to message me if you ever want to talk about it

ReputationRep:
    Do what you want but I'm just saying people have died over stufff like this.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    If she leaves someone for you, who's to say she won't leave you for someone else?

ReputationRep:
    Have to agree with pretty much everyone else here and say leave her to it. Have respect for her relationship, just think how you'd feel if you were in her shoes and someone confessed their feelings for you, it'd be awkward and change the friendship between the two of you for the worst.

It depends on whether you are a 100% certain they have a boyfriend or not but also have they specifically said, just saying some girls get with guys but it doesn’t mean they are with them... so you mah have a chance

ReputationRep:
    Unless they're unhappy in the relationship and fancy the pants off you this is a stupid thing to do. Even then it's attempted mate poaching which is generally frowned upon.

ReputationRep:
    Leave them alone, if they become single later and have had long enough to adjust, then go for it then, but when they're in a relationship leave them alone as taking them from their boyfriend is really cruel to the boyfriend and if they would leave their boyfriend for you then they will probably also leave you for someone else.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 14, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.