Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

oldest age kown for PT? Watch

My cousin is 5 and still wears a nappy to do her business. She will go in the bathroom but will only use the (pull up) nappy to go in. I baby sat her last night and just went with it. (Luckily her mum warned me beforehand ) I thought it was very strange at her age to still be doing this... But her Mum insisted that she is getting full support of the Dr, and she seems to have done her home work about the subject and be following a plan to getting her toilet trained soon.

I was all potty trained by age 2 and I thought that everyone else should be by then?? Apparently it is not uncommon for kids to have this problem although it is rare? Anyone else heard of toilet training still being an issue at age 5+?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    My cousin is 5 and still wears a nappy to do her business. She will go in the bathroom but will only use the (pull up) nappy to go in. I baby sat her last night and just went with it. (Luckily her mum warned me beforehand ) I thought it was very strange at her age to still be doing this... But her Mum insisted that she is getting full support of the Dr, and she seems to have done her home work about the subject and be following a plan to getting her toilet trained soon.

I was all potty trained by age 2 and I thought that everyone else should be by then?? Apparently it is not uncommon for kids to have this problem although it is rare? Anyone else heard of toilet training still being an issue at age 5+?
    all children develop at different ages for different things. my cousins youngest didnt start speaking until abiut 5 or 6...
    but with regards to toilet training aslong as the drs are aware and there is nothing medically wrong then theres not much you can do. again people develop at diffetent ages and theres no use pushing her. i know my best friend in primary school still wore pull ups at night till about 7 or 8 because she would sometimes wet the bed
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 14, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.