Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I'm currently 14 years old and starting my GCSEs. After I finish college(I would be about 17) I would like to move to New York and start a career in business. I was wondering if you have any advice on how to get a working visa at this age and if it would be a good idea to move at this age.
    • Community Assistant

    Community Assistant
    To be perfectly honest you dont and it isnt.
    They don't tend to give out work visas to people with no qualifications i'm afraid and at any rate its generally speaking much easier to get in through sponsorship or at least a WHV [or whatever the americans call theres - i.e. camp america type thing]

    I've posted on your other thread you made with an answer but to add to that I do know that it's quite easy to get a year work visa for Canada with is renewable every year I believe. Canada makes a better stepping stone to the US than from the UK.
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.