Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Lately I've been avoiding al of my school work. I haven't been revising for tests and I keep putting everything off. My bad grades don't seem to bother me. I keep saying I'm going to get my s*** together but I can't seem to do it.

ReputationRep:
    I used to/sometimes have this problem myself...until you want to do well more than you want to do whatever it is that is stopping you from studying, you will never decide to study. It is a conscious decision not to revise and watch just one more YouTube video lol. But if you consider how much longer things will take you just because you decided to put it off when you should’ve done it, procrastination is never worth it. I know it’s hard...work hard, try your best and you will never wonder ‘what if’. Good luck x
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I definitely went through a period of this in year 12, it lasted from about March right until the end of the school year. It was around March that I decided my dream job since childhood (veterinary surgeon) was not actually what I wanted to do, and I just felt lost and completely unmotivated. Even my less than impressive end of year exam results didn't faze me at all. Once I actually had something to work towards (a uni course I really wanted to do and entry requirements to meet) it was easy to get motivation, and so far this year I've been on top of everything and doing well in tests.

As soon as you find something to focus on and work towards, it will be relatively easy to motivate yourself. I guess finding that one thing you're passionate about or want to achieve is the real struggle, but know that you're just in a rut and you'll be over it soon enough if you put the work in. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    thank you very much for your replies! It definitely helps to know that there are others who used to feel this way. I'll try to find something that'll motivate me!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.