In December, I’ll be taking my GCSE PPE’s. I’m currently predicted all 6’s which I ideally want to push up to 7’s and 8’s. I’m thinking of applying to a Grammar Sixth Form but I don’t think I’ll be accepted with 6’s. How can I boost my grades in the next few weeks leading up to my exam and when do Sixth Forms need your predicited grades?
Turn on thread page Beta
GCSE Mocks & Predicited Grades watch
- Thread Starter
- 12-11-2017 23:16
- 12-11-2017 23:28
I'm not in sixth form yet but in my grammar school the minimum grade is about a 6 or above. My sister's also in the same year as you so I'd say to make sure you understand every topic very well and do lots of exam questions. Practice, practice and practice! Also be sure to have good notes; flashcards, mind maps etc. Ultimately, don't stress too much because if you work really hard your grades will definitely increase, but with a strong will and good mindset.
- 12-11-2017 23:30
It depends on the sixth form (it’s not like uni) every one has a different deadline so check their website. I entered a Grammar sixth form when the grades were letters and my school’s entry was 6As and 3Bs. This is definitely on the upper end but I think 6s should be fine.
To boost your grades:
- do every past paper you can find: pastpapers.org and the exam board websites are great. Many open VLEs have them too.
- TesConnect is great for resources, and IXL is perfect for the maths you really struggle with (use the 30 day free trial)
- Khan Academy has easy to digest 10 minute videos that go into great detail and are so easy to understand
- try teaching others. You never truly know a topic of you cannot explain it to another person. I found answering study help questions on TSR was useful because it made me check a textbook if I was f sure and read around the subject.
- when you do past papers, mark them and redo questions you got wrong a couple days later. Tedious but important.
Best of luck, hope this helpsLast edited by meeravirdee; 12-11-2017 at 23:32. Reason: TDA Post Edit
- Thread Starter
- 13-11-2017 00:04
Thanks for the help! I just feel really stressed because I have three weeks and I really want to get my grades up!