Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to do a degree level Apprenticeship in digital technology solutions but I need to write a personal statement. From what I could find I need to write it like I would if I were applying for a job but I'm not 100% sure and I can't find any kind of guide anywhere. What kind of questions should I be answering in the personal statement and should I write anything about the course as well as the employer? Also, I know to include about interests/hobbies and achievements but I literally don't do anything worth writing about on a personal statement so what could I do about that?

Also on an unrelated topic, how would I go about finding suitable employers in my area. I have searched on the .gov site and haven't found anything.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    I've never written one for an apprenticeship application but a good rule of thumb is to look at the particular company that you are applying to and their values as well as what they are looking for and make sure you give examples of when you have demonstrated what they are looking for.

Hope that is of some help.

ReputationRep:
    Vacancies for that will probably be with smaller local companies and will open around April
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by It'sEverydayBro)
    I'm going to do a degree level Apprenticeship in digital technology solutions but I need to write a personal statement. From what I could find I need to write it like I would if I were applying for a job but I'm not 100% sure and I can't find any kind of guide anywhere. What kind of questions should I be answering in the personal statement and should I write anything about the course as well as the employer? Also, I know to include about interests/hobbies and achievements but I literally don't do anything worth writing about on a personal statement so what could I do about that?

Also on an unrelated topic, how would I go about finding suitable employers in my area. I have searched on the .gov site and haven't found anything.

Thanks.
    Just tagging in Apprenticeships Advice Advice
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by It'sEverydayBro)

Thanks.
    Hey

I really cannot advise on how to write your personal statement, but I can forward you to a website that is independent from the government websites , hopefully the below maybe able to help?

https://www.ratemyapprenticeship.co....onal-statement

Thanks
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Which employer are you doing it with?

ReputationRep:
    I believe you should write about why you want to do apprenticeship there, what you want to learn and what you can bring to the table as well. About hobbies, may be you like sports, or you are interested in technology, or anything even if you are not too passionate about it.
    I am not sure which is your area but I saw an ad about paid internship on mindzip.net.breezy and I am really considering to apply. It seems they would need quite a few people so you can also give it a try.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.