Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is this a good strategy? Watch

ReputationRep:
    So i'm 15 and have a 22% body fat but also have quite a bit of muscle mass.

I want to get down to about 13% body fat and still have the muscle. I can go to the gym 5 times a week and am thinking of doing 1k calories on the treadmill then weights the next day. So in the week I would have 3 days on the treadmill and 2 weight sessions. I have protein powder and am trying to eat healthy. Is this a solid strategy or should I change it up somehow?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you know what bmi is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laissez‒faire)
    I don't think you know what bmi is.
    I thought its body fat percentage, i used to go to the gym and the machine told me my height and stuff. It said i had a 23% bmi

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keslo)
    I thought its body fat percentage, i used to go to the gym and the machine told me my height and stuff. It said i had a 23% bmi
    Bodyfat and bmi are different things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laissez‒faire)
    Bodyfat and bmi are different things.
    I just looked it up and your right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keslo)
    So i'm 15 and have a 22% body fat but also have quite a bit of muscle mass.

I want to get down to about 13% body fat and still have the muscle. I can go to the gym 5 times a week and am thinking of doing 1k calories on the treadmill then weights the next day. So in the week I would have 3 days on the treadmill and 2 weight sessions. I have protein powder and am trying to eat healthy. Is this a solid strategy or should I change it up somehow?

Hi, when doing cardio after approx 10 mins your body will instead of burning fat it will in fact store it in case you need the energy. Therefore, doing more than 10 mins of cardio at a time could be pointless. Hope this helps a little.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.