Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I wish txting was never invented. I love talking on the phone, you can at least sense and understand what the other person is saying. All I hear now days is “I know they’ve seen my txt “ why haven’t they txt me back lol. Anyone els hate txting?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    I like texting.

Read receipts are annoying though, it plays with your mind a lot.

ReputationRep:
    I only like phone calls with the right person

ReputationRep:
    I don’t mind it. Still prefer speaking on the phone though.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I think it depends with who. Like, I hate talking via text with my best mate. Dunno what it is, just feels awkward and forced. We could chat about all sorts for days face to face, so I dunno what it is. Texting/messaging is a Godsend when you're getting associated with a girl, though - the topic of sexual preferences is always easy to broach via text, for example.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe I’m terrible at messaging then. I loose interest with a minute and can’t think what to say but meet me in person and I don’t shut up lol

ReputationRep:
    Hate talking on the phone, texting is a life saver for me lol

ReputationRep:
    Texting is good cause u can have time to think about ur response

ReputationRep:
    One word:
    Group Chats

ReputationRep:
    I dislike talking on the phone unless it is with immediate family, otherwise keeping the conversation flowing feels like hard work. I dislike texting because I am compelled to check nothing is attatched before I send each and every message.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 13, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.