Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am trying to finalize my UCAS choices and thinking of the Architecture course at Loughborough. It is a newly introduced course that just started this year so it is not yet accredited by RIBA. The uni is of course great but I am wondering if it is safe to apply for this new course without sufficient feedback from former or current students. I also understand that a BArch introduces more science ain to the course than a BA does. Any help that you may offer is great.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miroyoyo)
    I am trying to finalize my UCAS choices and thinking of the Architecture course at Loughborough. It is a newly introduced course that just started this year so it is not yet accredited by RIBA. The uni is of course great but I am wondering if it is safe to apply for this new course without sufficient feedback from former or current students. I also understand that a BArch introduces more science ain to the course than a BA does. Any help that you may offer is great.
    Hi Miroyoyo

We're looking at getting accreditation from the Architects Registration Board (ARB) and RIBA but full accreditation is normally granted as the first cohort of students graduate - so we're just waiting for that at the moment.

Really only you can decide whether you apply or not and depends on what you're comfortable with. We've been teaching Architecture and Design Management for a long time here, but the BArch in Architecture is new and we don't have any graduates yet.

If you've not seen this have a look here http://www.lboro.ac.uk/architecture/ might help you make a decision either way.

Sorry I can't be of any more help but it really is down to you and only you can make that decision

Vicky

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.