Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What to do after psychology degree... Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I’ve recently graduated with a 2:1 in psychology but I’m really struggling on what to do next... I’ve been applying for jobs but not having much luck with anything directly related to my degree, I’d need further study, which I am considering! I’m just baffled with all the courses available. I like the sounds of mental health nursing, cbt and things like that, but with cbt I’m not sure if the courses lead to becoming a qualified cognitive behavioural therapist..... and with nursing would I have to go onto a pre registered post grad course as I have no previous nursing experience? There aren’t many pre reg in my area just normal nursing courses which I can’t seem to apply for without experience etc. Please help!!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    MAybe you could get a part-time job somewhere to earn some money and then look for volunteering opportunities for when you're not working to build up your experience. Do that for a year then start applying for the "proper" jobs you're interested in as you'll have some experience.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.