The Student Room Group

Job Application Forms

I'm trying to fill out a job application and in a previous position, the contract was zero hours and after a month or so I just wasn't given any more. I would like to include this in my application since the skills acquired are directly relevant, but under "reasons for leaving", what would be the appropriate wording?

Also in the "employment history" section it asks for duties and responsibilities. What's the appropriate number of points to put down?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Valecia_Chao
I'm trying to fill out a job application and in a previous position, the contract was zero hours and after a month or so I just wasn't given any more. I would like to include this in my application since the skills acquired are directly relevant, but under "reasons for leaving", what would be the appropriate wording?

Also in the "employment history" section it asks for duties and responsibilities. What's the appropriate number of points to put down?

Don't ever fill in 'reason for leaving', they can ask directly at interview if they really need to know.

Put down as many points as are relevant to the new job you are applying for.
Original post by threeportdrift
Don't ever fill in 'reason for leaving', they can ask directly at interview if they really need to know.

Don't touch with a 10 foot pole. Gotcha. What about reasons for employment gaps?
Don't touch with a 10 foot pole. Gotcha. What about reasons for employment gaps?

Not unless they ask specifically. Your role in a job application is only 1) to be honest and 2) to present the very best view of yourself with respect to this role. Everything else, it's up to them to ask if they want to know.
Not unless they ask specifically. Your role in a job application is only 1) to be honest and 2) to present the very best view of yourself with respect to this role. Everything else, it's up to them to ask if they want to know.

Ye even when they ask what my salary was... well they can go suck it. What about start and end dates for previous employment.
Ye even when they ask what my salary was... well they can go suck it. What about start and end dates for previous employment.

It's usual to give that information, unless they say they don't want dates included.

If they do ask, what's the best way for me to answer without shooting myself in the foot?
If they do ask, what's the best way for me to answer without shooting myself in the foot?

It was a zero hour contract devised to get over a peak in demand, but once demand dropped there was no permanent role for me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending