Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

International student finishing my degree but want to go for another bachelor Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone, I am an international student taking political science in my last year, however a change in passion has arisen and I want to take another bachelor in geology.

I am 22 years old now, and was wondering if I would apply as a mature student, and would I be able to get into the program providing by university grades (although not in the relevant subjects).

Does anyone have any idea on what I should do?

Also does anyone think it is too soon or I am too old to pursue another degree? What do you all think about this?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    You'd need to check the university's entry requirements for A-Levels etc. I have no idea if they'd take into consideration your previous Bsc but it might help when proving to them that you can do another degree.

You are never too old to learn. Do something you love and if that's pursuing a degree in geology, then so be it. It might be worth doing some geology related extracurriculars, though.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MisledGoddess)
    You'd need to check the university's entry requirements for A-Levels etc. I have no idea if they'd take into consideration your previous Bsc but it might help when proving to them that you can do another degree.

You are never too old to learn. Do something you love and if that's pursuing a degree in geology, then so be it. It might be worth doing some geology related extracurriculars, though.

Good luck!
    Thanks a lot for the response!

I checked the entry requirements but I think they were for highschool students, I'm not too sure if they applied for mature students.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jake Hughy)
    Thanks a lot for the response!

I checked the entry requirements but I think they were for highschool students, I'm not too sure if they applied for mature students.
    As long as you have those grades, you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    You will not get another Tier 4 visa to study another degree at the same level.

To continue to study here you must show 'progression' - that you are moving up to study at Masters or PhD level, or that you are going on to do a professional course like Medicine where there is clear advancement of career/training.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.