Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    6 months left until GSCE's and I feel like a I've already failed. I don't know how to revise, I'll probably fail everything because I'm not smart and I usually do. What do I do now?

ReputationRep:
    You don’t even need to be revising now tbh. Start revising after Christmas? And the only way you can fix it is by actually revising
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    6 months is a long time, if you really feel like you can’t revise enough for all just focus on like 5(what most unis and 6th forms require) as a last resort
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    You can't fail them if you've not even taken them yet.

I didn't revise for my GCSEs and granted I didn't get straight A*/As or anything (I did get a few), but I did get 10 A*-B (this was in 2010 haha). Don't sweat it. Just make sure you understand the fundamentals and if you don't, ask your teacher questions.

If I can do that without revising and with extenuating circumstances, you'll be fine. Negative self-talk will be your downfall though, so stop doing that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bangtanstudying)
    6 months left until GSCE's and I feel like a I've already failed. I don't know how to revise, I'll probably fail everything because I'm not smart and I usually do. What do I do now?
    Relax dude, don't give up so easily. 6 months is plenty of time to get in check and revise properly. Right now focus on organising your time and make a good realistic timetable for revision and make sure you stick to it. For the actual revision, I would use the spec and write notes on it so that I know what's expected of me and then I'd move on to the actual textbook we use in school.

If staying focused during revision is a problem, try out the Pomodoro technique (https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4078095). It's what i used when i couldn't focus during my GCSEs.

Here's some other links on revision:
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...d.php?t=586506
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/con...for-your-exams

Good luck with everything, it's gonna be long and boring but keep trying. Hope this helps!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.