Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm at uni and there's this girl who goes to the same society as me that I like. We have spoken quite a lot when she is at the society but haven't spoken outside of the society. She hasn't been for a few weeks so we haven't spoken since the last time she was there so I never actually got the chance to ask her out for a drink. My housemate thinks I should just message her this week asking her out for a drink. Wouldn't it seem strange though since we don't talk over Facebook or outside of the society? What would you do in this situation? Thanks
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Nah I think it'd be ok 😊😊
    Maybe since u haven't seen her for a while try to make the invitation more casual tho.
    If a guy in that situation invited me for a drink id be fine with it and I think most girls would be too 😊😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by December126)
    Nah I think it'd be ok 😊😊
    Maybe since u haven't seen her for a while try to make the invitation more casual tho.
    If a guy in that situation invited me for a drink id be fine with it and I think most girls would be too 😊😊
    Thanks, I just thought it might seem strange since we haven't spoke in weeks and don't know each other that well and have never spoke over Facebook before
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Bump

ReputationRep:
    double bump
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    If you've spoken a lot in the past you could use the fact that you haven't spoken in a while to catch up over drinks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    If you've spoken a lot in the past you could use the fact that you haven't spoken in a while to catch up over drinks.
    The thing is, we have spoken a lot in the society but that was only over a period of a few weeks and last year she wasn't at the society much so I only spoke to her a few times last year and this year it was just at the first few weeks of term.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michael1010)
    The thing is, we have spoken a lot in the society but that was only over a period of a few weeks and last year she wasn't at the society much so I only spoke to her a few times last year and this year it was just at the first few weeks of term.
    But how well do you know each other? If you weren't that close, I would talk for a bit first and then after like a week ask her out.

ReputationRep:
    I dont think it would be weird. Sounds like a great friend oppurtunity to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    But how well do you know each other? If you weren't that close, I would talk for a bit first and then after like a week ask her out.
    We don't know each other really well but when we were in the society, I seemed to be the main person she would come up to to talk to but we don't know huge amounts about each other but we do share a few similar interests.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    We don't know each other really well but when we were in the society, I seemed to be the main person she would come up to to talk to but we don't know huge amounts about each other but we do share a few similar interests.
    I would say go for it, you don't have anything to lose I guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    I would say go for it, you don't have anything to lose I guess.
    Yeah I guess but I just think it may seem strange to her since we haven't spoken in around 5 weeks and haven't spoken outside of the society before.

ReputationRep:
    Meh may as well, who dares win and all that.

ReputationRep:
    I'm at uni and there's this girl who goes to the same society as me that I like. We have spoken quite a lot when she is at the society but haven't spoken outside of the society. She hasn't been for a few weeks so we haven't spoken since the last time she was there so I never actually got the chance to ask her out for a drink. My housemate thinks I should just message her this week asking her out for a drink. Wouldn't it seem strange though since we don't talk over Facebook or outside of the society? What would you do in this situation? Thanks
    I would definately text her. It wouldn't seem weird. I mean you talked before so it's not that awkward.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 14, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.