Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I would just say 'Do you have the time' and while he's checking or after he's checked it say 'Everyone else seems so anti-social, i'm sure i see you on this train everymorning?' make it as chatty and innocent as possible

(Original post by Salt Queen)
    It's the train. You actually see the same person everyday?? Same carriage?? 😯

And Idk dear. Most people don't like conversation on the train...

Well i always go to same carriage and he's always standing next to me when we board...

I need to try be friendly this week ..somehow

C

(Original post by Johnnymaughan999)
    I would just say 'Do you have the time' and while he's checking or after he's checked it say 'Everyone else seems so anti-social, i'm sure i see you on this train everymorning?' make it as chatty and innocent as possible
    Hmm could do its just i imagine he would just put gis headphones in straight away ..wish i could just talk without a plan just casual

ReputationRep:
    don't talk to him, trust me ur gonna ruin his life. as soon as u say the first word he's forced to have a morning stop-and-chat with u on a daily basis. he's not gonna start going to another carriage cos then he'll be making it too obvious that he's avoiding u. every day i have to take a long route to work (extra 3 mins) to avoid the guy at the shop. i have to walk an extra 10 minutes to get to a barber when there is already one on my road just cos i made the mistake of entertaining the guy with some small talk when we first met. its ****ing *****y

please don't put him through this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by big ledba)
    don't talk to him, trust me ur gonna ruin his life. as soon as u say the first word he's forced to have a morning stop-and-chat with u on a daily basis. he's not gonna start going to another carriage cos then he'll be making it too obvious that he's avoiding u. every day i have to take a long route to work (extra 3 mins) to avoid the guy at the shop. i have to walk an extra 10 minutes to get to a barber when there is already one on my road just cos i made the mistake of entertaining the guy with some small talk when we first met. its ****ing *****y

Looooool, I second this but I kinda want OP to do it just so I can see how it pans out for entertainment purposes.

Your negative experience doesnt mean someone else could react that way. Im only curious cos im only using this train for another 2 weeks.

ReputationRep:
    As a woman, anything you do (with the exception of nothing) has a fair chance of success.

In fact, even doing nothing has a small chance as he might come to you. In which case, you say a few words and then blank him, followed by lengthy social media posts about being creeped on by a weirdo on the train #metoo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Your negative experience doesnt mean someone else could react that way. Im only curious cos im only using this train for another 2 weeks.
    u are literally gonna impose the stop-and-chat in the worst POSSIBLE situation..

guy wakes up, face probably still wrinked like a ballsack and has morning breath. last thing he wants is to be forced to communicate with someone on the train when he goes to work every ****ing morning its just common sense. if this happened to me and it persisted for a long enough time i might consider getting another job in a different place lol.

sorry but the harsh truth is that ur gonna need to just get over him

u are literally gonna impose the stop-and-chat in the worst POSSIBLE situation..

guy wakes up, face probably still wrinked like a ballsack and has morning breath. last thing he wants is to be forced to communicate with someone on the train when he goes to work every ****ing morning its just common sense. if this happened to me and it persisted for a long enough time i might consider getting another job in a different place lol.

sorry but the harsh truth is that ur gonna need to just get over him

You are insane man like for real dear. Getting hysterical when i have nevee spoken to this stranger lol. If i find someome that i see everyday attractive ...im due to stop usimg my normal train in 2 weeks cos my work is then elsewhere..i have nothing to lol

I domt harass ppl if someome does not give me any non verbal cues that they want to interact obviously i dont pester them

Im just having a laugh ur a drama queen

ReputationRep:
    You are insane man like for real dear. Getting hysterical when i have nevee spoken to this stranger lol. If i find someome that i see everyday attractive ...im due to stop usimg my normal train in 2 weeks cos my work is then elsewhere..i have nothing to lol

I domt harass ppl if someome does not give me any non verbal cues that they want to interact obviously i dont pester them

Im just having a laugh ur a drama queen
    And who has morning breath on the train before work? Does he even toothpaste?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Johnnymaughan999)
    "...could I have my time back now, please?"

ReputationRep:
    Just ask him out ??

Honestly, no one will care, even if they hear, no one actually cares that much about other's peoples conversations even if they overhear them.

Obviously break the ice first, but the rest is easy

ReputationRep:
    hello

This will sound really odd

I commute on same day everyday but am stopping in 2 weeks cos im starting somewhere else.. anyway there is this cute guy that i always end up in same carriage and standing next to him every day.. how can i talk to him.. he always is watching stuff on his phone, i have headphones in. i could drop him a note when i leave as i have nothing to lose.
    Ask what he's reading/watching. Tell him it's funny you see him everyday and he's always looking at his phone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meenu89)
    Take inspiration from Zoë Folbigg. She left a note for a man on a train that she used to go on....
    (Original post by Notnek)
    Watch this:

What about a male leaving a note for a woman like that.

Ngl, I did think about it some time ago, might of even posted on a forum about the idea. I was told it was creepy and would probably weird her out :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    I guess the future is here 🤦🏻*♀️ Anti-social 2.0
    Just go and say hi.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Notnek)
    Watch this:

I think it would be quite foolish to waste 8 months of your life after he said no... You could be looking for someone else in that time. It worked out for this woman but that might not necessarily work for everyone else, and people would end up disappointed. I dunno, just seems a bit desperate.

Don't end up like me. I'm hopelessly in love with this girl. I've confessed to her and all, and she graciously declined, but I still can't get her out of my head. It's honestly a bit weird that thinking about these things keeps me up at night. It has been 3 years since I've really noticed her, and it doesn't help that I have to awkwardly see her every day. Like the girl in the video, every other girl in the world just seems so out of touch with reality compared to this person. It drives me mental.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    "...could I have my time back now, please?"
    Are you this rude in real life, or is it just for show on tsr?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    just say hello. there is no law against that. yet.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT0ay9u1gg4

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 14, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.