Merry GreggsMas! Treat yourself to a Greggs-themed advent calendar... Watch

discobish
  • TSR Community Team
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago

Calling all Greggs fans!

The high street food bosses are set to release a treat-filled limited-edition advent calendar on November 20th, billing it as ‘the ultimate Christmas gift for every Greggs fan’. :woo:

Behind each door is a tear-off token that can be exchanged for a different treat every day from the Greggs Christmas or everday menu, including the Festive Bake, flavoured lattes, mince pies and sausage rolls (of course).

On Christmas Eve, a £5 gift card sits behind door 24 – but for some lucky customers they will find a surprise £25 gift card.

A limited number of the calendars will go on sale in selected Greggs’ shops across the UK from Monday 20th November until stocks last. But what's the catch? Well, it costs at £24...

Would you buy a Greggs advent calendar?

Or, more importantly, would you spend £24 on the calendar? (it's supposedly worth between £35 - £60...)
lavender_rose
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by discobish)

Calling all Greggs fans!

The high street food bosses are set to release a treat-filled limited-edition advent calendar on November 20th, billing it as ‘the ultimate Christmas gift for every Greggs fan’. :woo:

Behind each door is a tear-off token that can be exchanged for a different treat every day from the Greggs Christmas or everday menu, including the Festive Bake, flavoured lattes, mince pies and sausage rolls (of course).

On Christmas Eve, a £5 gift card sits behind door 24 – but for some lucky customers they will find a surprise £25 gift card.

A limited number of the calendars will go on sale in selected Greggs’ shops across the UK from Monday 20th November until stocks last. But what's the catch? Well, it costs at £24...

Would you buy a Greggs advent calendar?

Or, more importantly, would you spend £24 on the calendar? (it's supposedly worth between £35 - £60...)

Ha! I work at Greggs and this is the first I'm hearing of this, obviously I wouldn't buy it myself because I already get the discount and eat enough of it as it is. It is a good idea for a gift for the really dedicated lovers though.
Paracosm
  • Section Leader
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Protostar
Protostar
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Paracosm)
Protostar
oh my god need this
discobish
  • TSR Community Team
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Protostar)
oh my god need this
Haha! Looks like you get a lot of discount... Do you think £24 is a worthy price? :scrooge:
Protostar
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by discobish)
Haha! Looks like you get a lot of discount... Do you think £24 is a worthy price? :scrooge:
I’d totally buy it if I had £24 but since I’m eternally poor maybe not :getmecoat:
bones-mccoy
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
£24 is a lot to spend on an advent calendar, I'd only buy it if I knew the person was actually going to go into Greggs every day and get the food/drink
Doonesbury
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Paracosm)
Protostar
You should open one in Paris.
Paracosm
  • Section Leader
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Protostar)
oh my god need this
:hmmm:

you should be like

@mum can I have it pls :bawling:
Michiyo
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Step 1. Buy one.
Step 2. Sell it after some time has passed for a higher price.
Step 3. ???
Step 4. Profit!

Spoiler:
Show

Seriously, though, I would not spend £24 on a calendar anyway. :laugh:
MR freshman 2017
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
well say each item is worh a quid and you got 23 treats that £23 and then a £5-20 voucher on Xmas eve. so money wise it is worth it to get the calendar if you like Greegs
SalazarSlytherin
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
only worth it if you go to greggs every day already
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The perfect excuse to have a sausage roll every day for 23 days, what a delicious idea.
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
they could make a calendar with actual sausage rolls behind the doors for people who do not live near a Greggs. it would be quite big but fun.
Notnek
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by the bear)
they could make a calendar with actual sausage rolls behind the doors for people who do not live near a Greggs. it would be quite big but fun.
That might start smelling bad come Christmas Day.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (169)
18.61%
No (553)
60.9%
Not really bothered about them (186)
20.48%

Watched Threads