Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Merry GreggsMas! Treat yourself to a Greggs-themed advent calendar... Watch

• TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:

Calling all Greggs fans!

The high street food bosses are set to release a treat-filled limited-edition advent calendar on November 20th, billing it as ‘the ultimate Christmas gift for every Greggs fan’. :woo:

Behind each door is a tear-off token that can be exchanged for a different treat every day from the Greggs Christmas or everday menu, including the Festive Bake, flavoured lattes, mince pies and sausage rolls (of course).

On Christmas Eve, a £5 gift card sits behind door 24 – but for some lucky customers they will find a surprise £25 gift card.

A limited number of the calendars will go on sale in selected Greggs’ shops across the UK from Monday 20th November until stocks last. But what's the catch? Well, it costs at £24...

Would you buy a Greggs advent calendar?

Or, more importantly, would you spend £24 on the calendar? (it's supposedly worth between £35 - £60...)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by discobish)

Calling all Greggs fans!

The high street food bosses are set to release a treat-filled limited-edition advent calendar on November 20th, billing it as ‘the ultimate Christmas gift for every Greggs fan’. :woo:

Behind each door is a tear-off token that can be exchanged for a different treat every day from the Greggs Christmas or everday menu, including the Festive Bake, flavoured lattes, mince pies and sausage rolls (of course).

On Christmas Eve, a £5 gift card sits behind door 24 – but for some lucky customers they will find a surprise £25 gift card.

A limited number of the calendars will go on sale in selected Greggs’ shops across the UK from Monday 20th November until stocks last. But what's the catch? Well, it costs at £24...

Would you buy a Greggs advent calendar?

Or, more importantly, would you spend £24 on the calendar? (it's supposedly worth between £35 - £60...)

Ha! I work at Greggs and this is the first I'm hearing of this, obviously I wouldn't buy it myself because I already get the discount and eat enough of it as it is. It is a good idea for a gift for the really dedicated lovers though.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Protostar
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paracosm)
    Protostar
    oh my god need this
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Protostar)
    oh my god need this
    Haha! Looks like you get a lot of discount... Do you think £24 is a worthy price? :scrooge:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by discobish)
    Haha! Looks like you get a lot of discount... Do you think £24 is a worthy price? :scrooge:
    I’d totally buy it if I had £24 but since I’m eternally poor maybe not :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    £24 is a lot to spend on an advent calendar, I'd only buy it if I knew the person was actually going to go into Greggs every day and get the food/drink
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paracosm)
    Protostar
    You should open one in Paris.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Protostar)
    oh my god need this
    :hmmm:

you should be like

@mum can I have it pls :bawling:
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Step 1. Buy one.
    Step 2. Sell it after some time has passed for a higher price.
    Step 3. ???
    Step 4. Profit!

Spoiler:
    Show

Seriously, though, I would not spend £24 on a calendar anyway. :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    well say each item is worh a quid and you got 23 treats that £23 and then a £5-20 voucher on Xmas eve. so money wise it is worth it to get the calendar if you like Greegs

ReputationRep:
    only worth it if you go to greggs every day already

ReputationRep:
    The perfect excuse to have a sausage roll every day for 23 days, what a delicious idea.

ReputationRep:
    they could make a calendar with actual sausage rolls behind the doors for people who do not live near a Greggs. it would be quite big but fun.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    they could make a calendar with actual sausage rolls behind the doors for people who do not live near a Greggs. it would be quite big but fun.
    That might start smelling bad come Christmas Day.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 13, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.