The Student Room Group

Boys should be free to wear tutus and tiaras, says Church of England

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Notorious_B.I.G.
I now understand what that Smiths song was about. Vicar in a Tutu.

Was that not about Desmond, the South African Archbishop?
Original post by Texxers
Absolute rubbish. This benefits no one, only promoting kids to be degenerates of society.

Hope no parents are thick enough to let their kids be doing this ****.

32923C0B-C71D-464C-9EB0-715FEBBEA55E.jpg

“Children will be so confused
From the same people who love panto :rolleyes:

(Source: https://twitter.com/christineburns/status/930003079751184384 )
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Napp
im not sure how telling kids to be drag queens etc. will help prevent bullying?

it's not telling them to be drag queens. it's saying that kids should have the freedom to wear whatever they want, because why limit their imagination.
Edna would disagree with girls wearing superhero capes.
Reply 24
Original post by Wulfalwyn
it's not telling them to be drag queens. it's saying that kids should have the freedom to wear whatever they want, because why limit their imagination.

They're more than free to express their imagination through the arts and with their friends, how does dressing up as the opposite sex limit that? It simply paints a bulls eye for bullies on them and that age.
Original post by fallen_acorns
great news for the 0.0...% of kids that this will help.

Sucks for the larger percentage whose life can be hurt by this.

I guess boys can't be feminine or have free will?
Also, I didn't necessarily understand how it's going to hurt someone if the whole message it about normalizing feminine behaviour in boys.
I personally think people should be able to do what they want with there lives anyways. As Christian, I think the church is very judgmental and subjective in some aspects. Only God can judge anybody on this earth, people say in the bible gays burn in hell etcetc. But I think, US AS PEOPLE should not say that, why? Because Matthew 7:3 says; "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?"

We all do wrong things in life, so we should just accept people and let who ever comes on judgement day lead the way.
As if I'm not going to take the opportunity to post this here...

[video="youtube;AKm-pKfYQwg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKm-pKfYQwg[/video]

Seriously though... Whatever I guess? I really don't think this'll do much at all. The COE isn't exactly all that influential in this day and age, and religion has become more of a 'pick and choose what you believe' sort of thing. I don't see why having a drag queen/king hour in nursery would do anything at all, especially when it comes to stopping bullying. If anything, it'd have the opposite effect. Just because it's there doesn't mean all the kids will take part and enjoy it. If anything, it highlights targets.

Do whatever in your own home as long as you don't hurt anyone. But teaching children to be drag queen/kings at school is just downright ridiculous, and is only going to make kids easier targets to spot for bullies.

People just need to stop giving a f*ck about what other people think of them really... Any of you guy who've grown your hair out will understand this... There's an element to not giving a f*ck when it comes to things like that. Instead of crying about it, we just accept the fact that people hold opinions about that sort of thing and get on with our lives. We don't need drag queen/king classes, we need backbone growing classes...
(edited 6 years ago)
I think it smacks of desperation and a broken institution that is clutching at straws for relevance.

The CoE is utterly lost and has no idea what to do to prevent extinction. Its lurching from fanaticism to ultra liberalism in an orgy of hypocrisy.
I wake up some days and ask mesen what my grandparents would think after reading this latest episode of sh@t.

I ask mesen was my uncles death as paratrooper at Monte Cassino really worth it .

I ask mesen how thoroughly disgusted and ashamed our war veterans must feel right now .

I wonder if they had contemplated "going over the top " in a bright red tutu to repel the Nazis .

This country has become a boil on the arse end of society . It is toxic *****y mess of warped ideas and idiots .

An absolute disgrace .

Spoiler

Original post by fallen_acorns
great news for the 0.0...% of kids that this will help.

Sucks for the larger percentage whose life can be hurt by this.

How? I turned up to my after school club to pick up my 4 year-old son. He and his mate were playing mum's and dads. Both were dressed in Princess Dresses (they have a massive box of dress up) and each had their respective prams and dolls.

Are you suggesting I should have taken them to one side, given them a firm talking to along the lines of "Boys don't do things like that. A man's job in this world is to work down t'pit whilst mother does all the cooking, cleaning and women's work."?

It made me smile. I love my son very much just the way he is and if he wants to be a princess when he is older, I will fully support him in that ambition. What business is it of anyone else to dictate how my son should act.

There is a general backlash against promoting what one might describe as alternative lifestyles, yet there is no similar backlash against promoting traditional masculine feminine roles. That would be where men are not permitted to display emotion and women must be seen to be weak and submissive.

Why can't we just promote the idea that all lifestyles that don't impact on others are acceptable and of equal value?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Napp
They're more than free to express their imagination through the arts and with their friends, how does dressing up as the opposite sex limit that? It simply paints a bulls eye for bullies on them and that age.

That's a valid concern, but the whole point of it is to accept that it's normal. I think this is a very good move. Perceptions always come from the parents. If parents are taught that this is normal (which it is) then kids won't care because *it's normal*.

When I was a kid (I'm female) I didn't like playing with girls toys or wear tutus or the like. I'd much rather play with boys toys and wear a spiderman costume and pretend to be a badass superhero. Was I a drag king as a little girl? nope, I just wanted to pretend to be a superhero. Am I a drag king now/suddenly want to change genders because of this *devastating* behaviour allowed? nope. I'm happy in my body, and glad I had the freedom to pretend to be what I wanted. I'm not exactly very masculine either.

Does it make a difference? Limiting children from being comfortable with their own innocent desires and skin vs letting them be happy to wear a tiara one time just to see how banging it suits their baby-undercut? Why not.
Original post by ByEeek
How? I turned up to my after school club to pick up my 4 year-old son. He and his mate were playing mum's and dads. Both were dressed in Princess Dresses (they have a massive box of dress up) and each had their respective prams and dolls.

Are you suggesting I should have taken them to one side, given them a firm talking to along the lines of "Boys don't do things like that. A man's job in this world is to work down t'pit whilst mother does all the cooking, cleaning and women's work."?

It made me smile. I love my son very much just the way he is and if he wants to be a princess when he is older, I will fully support him in that ambition. What business is it of anyone else to dictate how my son should act.

There is a general backlash against promoting what one might describe as alternative lifestyles, yet there is no similar backlash against promoting traditional masculine feminine roles. That would be where men are not permitted to display emotion and women must be seen to be weak and submissive.

Why can't we just promote the idea that all lifestyles that don't impact on others are acceptable and of equal value?

We as humans seem to be the only animal on this planet that makes excuses and provisions for behaviour like this that is not normal . Nature has its own solutions for dealing with this .

In what aspect of our daily life or the lives of our children is this type of ridiculous stupidity going to benefit them ?

They will get slaughtered at school . I hope the parents see the error of their ways .
For many thousands of years this type of behaviour was deemed shameful and illegal both in terms of religious practises and common law.

What's changed to warrant this crazy insane attitude towards such behaviour . .?

The lunatics have taken over the asylum .
Original post by Johnny English
We as humans seem to be the only animal on this planet that makes excuses and provisions for behaviour like this that is not normal . Nature has its own solutions for dealing with this .

In what aspect of our daily life or the lives of our children is this type of ridiculous stupidity going to benefit them ?

They will get slaughtered at school . I hope the parents see the error of their ways .

They will only get slaughtered in school by people like you who have preconceived ideas about what "normal" is. Everyone else, just gets on with it. And since schools must adhere to the Equality Act, 2010, schools take a very dim view on people who might persecute or bully minorities of any persuasion.

And if we are to turn to nature for inspiration, one would surely cite the Kobudai fish that changes sex from female to male.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/2gCkNYpCZVSZTpr5tsqlfjn/filming-fish-that-change-sex

There are numerous other examples of species in the world that don't conform to what people like yourself might call "normal". Just what exactly is "normal" anyway and who is there to say what it is one way or the other? Because God is clearly very confused or he wouldn't have created the Kobudai fish would He?

PS - when you finish your sentences, there is no space between the last letter and the full stop. <- for example
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Texxers
Absolute rubbish. This benefits no one, only promoting kids to be degenerates of society.

Hope no parents are thick enough to let their kids be doing this ****.

I dont see the problem.The church of england is full of men wearing frocks and nobody seems to care.

For many thousands of years this type of behaviour was deemed shameful and illegal both in terms of religious practises and common law.

What's changed to warrant this crazy insane attitude towards such behaviour . .?

The lunatics have taken over the asylum .

Clearly you know nothing of either history or biology.Educate yourself.
Original post by ByEeek
They will only get slaughtered in school by people like you who have preconceived ideas about what "normal" is. Everyone else, just gets on with it. And since schools must adhere to the Equality Act, 2010, schools take a very dim view on people who might persecute or bully minorities of any persuasion.

And if we are to turn to nature for inspiration, one would surely cite the Kobudai fish that changes sex from female to male.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/2gCkNYpCZVSZTpr5tsqlfjn/filming-fish-that-change-sex

There are numerous other examples of species in the world that don't conform to what people like yourself might call "normal". Just what exactly is "normal" anyway and who is there to say what it is one way or the other? Because God is clearly very confused or he wouldn't have created the Kobudai fish would He?

PS - when you finish your sentences, there is no space between the last letter and the full stop. <- for example

I can clearly see that your concerns are more for where I put a full stop in than appreciating the reality of daily life on a sink estate ...not that I'm suggesting your kids would be one of them .
I grew up on one and I can tell you from personal experience what will happen ...
Why allow it ? Why would anyone in their mind want to ?

Insane .

Why allow it ? Why would anyone in their mind want to ?

Insane .

Imagine that the world was gay. That being gay was "normal". Now I guessing you aren't gay. Why should you be allowed to be heterosexual? Why would anyone want to have sex with the opposite sex? It is insane!!

The point being that people are who they are not by choice. It is who they are. And to suggest that they should be "normal" (whatever that is) would be like suggesting that you should be gay.

And it is changing slowly but surely - even on sink estates.
(edited 6 years ago)
Its ridiculous. Tiaras are for girls and not for boys. I don't see why a boy would want to wear one. I remember back when I was at primary school (8 years ago now) if a guy wore girl clothes they wouldn't hear the end of it. Even the teachers would join in with the banter.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest