Do you have a Scottish LLB and wish to apply for the Diploma in Professional Legal Practice in 2018-2019 - then please let us help you by answering some of your questions. Applications will open February 2018.
Why this programme?
- Our programme bridge the gap between academia and professional legal practice.
- Designed by practising lawyers, it replicates the work you will do as a trainee.
- Our legal professionals support you through mentorship and attend all networking events.
- We work closely with employers to ensure our programme meets their requirements.
- Tutorial groups are small (12).
- Our 150 tutors are all highly experienced legal professionals. They are dedicated, enthusiastic and keen to share their knowledge.
- We have a large library of filmed resources, developed to enhance your civil and criminal learning experiences.
You will have 4 core courses in Semester 1
You will have 1 core course in Semester 2 and 3 optional courses.
Upon successful completion of the programme you will be eligible to progress through your traineeship to work as a solicitor or advocate in Scotland. The Diploma is a requirement for entry in these roles in the legal profession, in addition to providing employment opportunities in related legal disciplines.Our goal is not only to prepare you for life as a trainee and to make you as attractive to employers as possible, but to support and guide you to help make the correct career choices.
To be a candidate for the Diploma you must:
1. Possess a law degree from a Scottish university, or a qualification accepted by the Senatus as equivalent.
2. Have passed or obtained exemption from the professional examinations of the Law Society of Scotland in all subjects required under the Admission as Solicitor (Scotland) Regulations 2011
Fees and Funding?
Fees for 2018-2019 - Home, EU and International - £8000
SAAS loans are available.
If any questions please contact 0041 330 6351 or email [email protected]. We are here to help and assist you with any questions, on here, in person, email or telephone.
For more information: https://www.gla.ac.uk/postgraduate/t...acticediploma/
Follow us on Twitter: @UofGLawDiploma
Hang on, have Edexcel's come out already?