The Student Room Group

Convert A-Level Grades to GPA

Can someone convert my grades to GPA? I got the following grades on the respective subjects:
1. Chemistry: 74 (B)
2. Physics: 60 (C)
3. Mathematics: 76 (B)
4. Computer Science: 87 (A)
5. GP: 70 (b)
The usual conversion is
A*/A = 4.0
B = 3.7
C = 3.0

Yours would be 3.7. However, GPA coversion works awfully and most universities understand this. For example, I got A*A*A* in my A Levels and I emailed a Yale admissions officer and they said this would be ‘Off the GPA scale’ (Both the normal 4.0 scale and adjusted 5.0 scale).

So basically the conversions don’t really work.
Reply 2
Original post by GovernmentEarner
The usual conversion is
A*/A = 4.0
B = 3.7
C = 3.0

Yours would be 3.7. However, GPA coversion works awfully and most universities understand this. For example, I got A*A*A* in my A Levels and I emailed a Yale admissions officer and they said this would be ‘Off the GPA scale’ (Both the normal 4.0 scale and adjusted 5.0 scale).

So basically the conversions don’t really work.

Thank You!😊
3.7 3.0 3.7 4.0 3.7/5=3.62
Reply 4
Hi! I have studied the GCE A level course in Nepal. Can anyone help me to convert my grades into GPA for US universities? Also, one of the university said that B on Alevel is only 3.0 GPA, which is really disheartening. Does anyone know about it.Physics-B 75Chemistry- B 78Mathematics-A* 90Biology- B 70General paper- B 75
Can someone convert my grades to GPA? I got the following grades on the respective subjects:colone:nglish General Paper: dInformation Technology: ESociology: EBusiness: E

Quick Reply