Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hii guys. Please I really need your help on which university to choose to study MSC in cyber security. I'm an international student and my main goal is to find a university that isnt so expensive. Plus I need one that offers internships so I can gain experience and the syllabus matters too. I want more hands on security training than management courses. Now the thing is I'm considering either De Montfort university or Edinburgh Napier university. Please what do you all think
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Uswattt)
    Hii guys. Please I really need your help on which university to choose to study MSC in cyber security. I'm an international student and my main goal is to find a university that isnt so expensive. Plus I need one that offers internships so I can gain experience and the syllabus matters too. I want more hands on security training than management courses. Now the thing is I'm considering either De Montfort university or Edinburgh Napier university. Please what do you all think
    If it helps, here at the National Cyber Security Centre we run a programme to certify Master's degrees in cyber security. NCSC certification can help you choose a cyber security course which has been assessed as providing well-defined and appropriate content, delivered to a high standard.

Students who successfully complete a NCSC-certified degree programme are provided with an additional form of recognition, which will help employers distinguish between applicants’ qualifications.

You can find more details of the scheme at https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/information/...w-applicants-0, and a list of the currently certified degrees at https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/information/...tified-degrees . Each entry includes a link through to the relevant course pages, for you to check details of their modules, entry requirements etc.

You'll notice that both De Montfort and Edinburgh Napier universities offer certified degrees, so they may be a good place to start, but don't forget that the course content and location are also important, so let those factors help too.

We're happy to answer any other questions about the scheme - good luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.