Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello there everyone.

Greetings from India!

So I want to create a thread where people can discuss their issues, problems or suggestions pertaining to the postgraduate courses at UCL Institute of Education. Hope this discussion gets picked up as I have failed to locate an alternative for this particular topic. Future applicants, current students and alumni - all are welcome to share their queries and recommendations.

Personally, I am gearing up to apply for the institute's MA in Sociology of Childhood and Child Rights. Being a sophomore ( Sociology Major in an Open University ) at present with a high 2:1 (69.32%) I am hoping that I do stand a chance at the varsity. Also, I have already three internships under my belt - with two of them being a media apprenticeship and one in a socio-legal research centre at a top law university and one which is fully funded by UNICEF, West Bengal. I am also volunteering for a much celebrated NGO with whom I have a current affiliation of almost two years now.

I am basically searching for opportunities for a partial funding or a bit more and suggestions regarding my profile and the course. What can I do or not do to increase my prospects?

And that's about it for now and I do fervently hope for others to join me too in the conversation below. So that our doubts can be put to a silence.

Arigatto.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.