Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to change from married to separated Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I was just wondering how to change my married status to separated as I need to do it for child care forms. I tried to ring up and they cut me off, twice, before I even managed to speak to a person. Any help would be great. Thanks
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by nadia.noy)
    Hi, I was just wondering how to change my married status to separated as I need to do it for child care forms. I tried to ring up and they cut me off, twice, before I even managed to speak to a person. Any help would be great. Thanks
    You can just call yourself separated, but they might want evidence, especially if theres some financial advantage.

In those circumstances you need to ask the relevant people what evidence is sufficient proof. i.e they might take anything from HMRC or council tax bills showing you claim single persons allowance.

Your alternative is to get a formal legal separation, which is good proof and similar to a divorce

https://www.gov.uk/legal-separation

Have a word with CAB so they can id what it is you want and thus what you might need.

No idea who put the phone down on you. Id ring back tbh, sounds odd.
    https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/about-us/contact-us/

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 13, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.