The Student Room Group

NHS Data Analyst

I tried putting this up in the emergency services section but got nothing and I normally get a response from this side of the woods quite quickly. So here it is:

I am applying for a Data Analyst role in the NHS. In the supporting statements section, it says:

In this section you need to demonstrate that you have read the published person specification and how you meet the essential and (where relevant) desirable criteria for this particular post, if this has not been fully covered in the previous sections.

Please include your reasons for applying and take the opportunity to highlight your particular talents and strengths, (what you feel you can personally offer - what is unique to you - what sets you apart from your peers).

Please DO NOT include personal details or duplicate information already provided elsewhere in your application.

So here's what I've got:

I wish to apply for the position of Data Analyst, since I am keen on pursuing a career within the NHS, an organisation known for stability and excellence. My degree in Mathematics has given the necessary problem solving and numeracy skills. As part of my university life, I programmed my own version of Sudoku and a bank simulator. This involved project management skills to break down a big problem into more manageable pieces. I also produced reports as part of the testing stage, where every aspect was looked over, and presented to fellow academics.

I self taught myself HTML, JavaScript, PHP and MySQL in order to build a web based point of sale system. Due to the nature of working with a MySQL database, I made sure that the user interface was consistent with the back end system. In these programming projects, the slightest mistake could mean the difference between a piece or software working of crashing all together.

As a climbing instructor and customer service advisor, I am responsible for furnishing raw recruits with the relevant skills, particularly in health and safety. As such, no detail is ever overlooked. Especially in a professional environment, training is completed in a timely manner to meet staffing needs.

I thorougly love the rush of realising a solution to a problem and learning new skills.

I've also attached a copy of the job spec.

I don't know if this is maybe too over the top, but I really do want to sell myself on this application so let me know what you think.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending