The Student Room Group

Dropping out of 1 st year uni. Starting again next year in another uni

I have dropped out of 1st year history at Southampton university. Im planning to start again studying history at another university next year.
Do i need to reapply for student finance?
Will this year’s payment be cancelled?
Original post by Karinepre
I have dropped out of 1st year history at Southampton university. Im planning to start again studying history at another university next year.
Do i need to reapply for student finance?
Will this year’s payment be cancelled?

Hi Karinepre,

If you have withdrawn from the course you will need to get your College/University to send us an electronic withdrawal notification, if you are going back to study 18/19 you will need to reapply again the quickest way to apply is online when the forms become available, we would advise that you keep an eye on the website or our social media sites when the application become available it will show on there.

Thanks

Catherine
Reply 2
I'm a first year computer science student at Southampton University, and I'm dropping out aswell lol :smile: , transferring to a uni in london next year. I was wondering as to whom you asked to send student finance an electronic withdrawal notification.
Original post by humza.12
I'm a first year computer science student at Southampton University, and I'm dropping out aswell lol :smile: , transferring to a uni in london next year. I was wondering as to whom you asked to send student finance an electronic withdrawal notification.

Hi Humza,

Each university does their own thing when it comes to sending us information. If you ask your course leader they'll be able to tell you who in your university deals with sending withdrawal notifications.

Regards,

Stuart

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending