Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Will I fail my module for making 1 mistake? Watch

So I handed in my work for the first module of this year at uni and afterward when I went home, I realised I made a mistake. For one part of the work, you could either hand in a printout or the file on a usb. I chose to hand in the usb, my tutors said the file must be a pdf but I completely forgot to convert the file to a pdf and handed in the original file on a usb. Now I am worried they will fail me even if I do well on the rest of the work. Will they still mark the file I handed in and mark me down for not having a pdf or will they not mark it and fail me? I hope not because I really don't want to resit because resits are capped to 40%
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Email the tutor ASAP and explain the situation, if it's the first module of the year they'll be more lenient.

(Original post by Tubbz)
    Email the tutor ASAP and explain the situation, if it's the first module of the year they'll be more lenient.
    I've just emailed one of the tutors, I'm so worried. What if they don't mark my work and fail me? I'm in my second year and really should know better but I fell behind on my work as I started late because I didn't understand the brief. When I did understand it 2-3 weeks after we were briefed, I got on with the work but I had a lot to do. I was working until the day of submission and didn't hand it in until 15 minutes before the deadline. We had less than 7 weeks to complete the work which included sketchbook work, technical file, research file and samples on headers. It's quite a lot of work and the deadline should have been longer but wasn't. [I'm a textiles student btw]

Thanks, I emailed a tutor and they replied saying not to worry as long as they can view the file, it's ok but I should try to remember for the future to submit a pdf for a professional finish. I'm so relieved, I've been worrying for nothing for days

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.