Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So Im not even half way through the school year yet, but I feel emotionally and physically spent already. My science pushes everyone too hard, tryong to have us do the after school and Saturday school on top of the average school day. I have no clue where the social studies teacher is; she has had a sub for about a month and we're not learning anything we need in there. And on top of that is the ever torturous PE class. We have it once a day for a whole hour with a teacher who takes things too seriously. I know my problems could be worse and I really shouldnt complain, but I feel like asking. Does anyone else feel like this? Any advice?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex Fierro)
    I know my problems could be worse and I really shouldnt complain, but I feel like asking.
    If you're not happy then you have the right to complain as much as you want.

I stressed at school and thought everything is against me, it really isn't. The teachers at schools want to support you, but they need to know.

Try speaking to your form tutor or a teacher after class. Just tell them what you have wrote here, and I'm sure they will be able to help.

^Kam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aston University)
    If you're not happy then you have the right to complain as much as you want.

I stressed at school and thought everything is against me, it really isn't. The teachers at schools want to support you, but they need to know.

Try speaking to your form tutor or a teacher after class. Just tell them what you have wrote here, and I'm sure they will be able to help.

^Kam
    Okay, but I kind of get intimidated when doing things like that.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Okay, but I kind of get intimidated when doing things like that.
    I use to be the same, but when I started university, I realised that teachers, lectures, staff, they are all human.

They aren't going to belittle you, or anything like that. They are literally getting paid to help you, it is their job to make sure you can cope.

Try speaking to your favourite teacher, or one you are close to.

I know it is hard, but even if you want to get a family member to speak to one of them, that would be much better than being silent on the issue.

^Kam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aston University)
    I use to be the same, but when I started university, I realised that teachers, lectures, staff, they are all human.

They aren't going to belittle you, or anything like that. They are literally getting paid to help you, it is their job to make sure you can cope.

Try speaking to your favourite teacher, or one you are close to.

I know it is hard, but even if you want to get a family member to speak to one of them, that would be much better than being silent on the issue.

^Kam
    Okay. But the science teacher probably wont care. Everytime someone has a problem and tells her, she always tells us to fins a solution which is no help at all.

ReputationRep:
    I totally know how you feel.

What year are you in? I wouldn't reccomend it but for year 11 I skipped a lot of days but still studied quietly at home, ended up with some good grades. Being in the school environment just really annoyed me. Maybe you could ask to go do independant studying in your schools library/quiet area?

That way at least you'll be in school doing work but not having to sit wasting time.

Hope it works out for you.
    Zoe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeaplaneLady)
    I totally know how you feel.

What year are you in? I wouldn't reccomend it but for year 11 I skipped a lot of days but still studied quietly at home, ended up with some good grades. Being in the school environment just really annoyed me. Maybe you could ask to go do independant studying in your schools library/quiet area?

That way at least you'll be in school doing work but not having to sit wasting time.

Hope it works out for you.
    Zoe
    Im still in middle school actually. Ill give the independent study thing a try.

ReputationRep:
    Im still in middle school actually. Ill give the independent study thing a try.
    Awesome! Just whatever you do, stay in school no matter how horrible it is. Also make friends with the teachers, they'll let you do your own thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeaplaneLady)
    Awesome! Just whatever you do, stay in school no matter how horrible it is. Also make friends with the teachers, they'll let you do your own thing.
    I know. I plan on being my mothers first child to finish highschool and go to college. And ill do my best to make friends with some of my teachers. Even though my two favorites left last year.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.