Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Am I the only one who doesn't think the uni marking system is fair? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frostyy)
    I don't know, maybe because there are other factors than work ethics that affect exam performance, but I'm not sure.

Nevertheless, people sheit on the system, but no one seems to be able to suggest a better one, so it'll have to do for now.
    There are - that is what a mitigating circs board is for.

ReputationRep:
    What I think is more unfair is how subjective the marking is between different lecturer's. Often at my university I get the harsher lecturers marking my word where as some of my less studious friends get the nicer markers. I put in 110% every time though so I'm always scoring a very high percentile, indeed.

ReputationRep:
    Ergh it's people like you who think their self entitled to the best in life whilst doing next to nothing to earn the achievement for it!!! Well suck it up OP because it's a taste of the real world, one shot and that's it, you fail you're out. No second, third, fourth and fifth chances. If you can't be asked to put in the revision and study time to get the high grade first time round or get a low grade after doing so then you accept that result and take the consequences! I'm sorry for this to sound harsh, actually no I'm not sorry because I'm just spelling out the truth for you on how cruel the real world is. I got canned from a job for not doing something right first time and just as well too because it was a serious error and that's the way the cookie crumbles in most jobs, do it right first time is the new corporate working world motto! A lot of companies do a "3 month probation" so that if you do get something wrong first time they will throw you onto the street just like that! Been there done that and it ain't pretty. New directive? Put the work in, and accept the result, reflect on it and look at what you can do better in the next module. End note, Life is unfair, deal with it.

ReputationRep:
    Life is not fair. If it was then Boris Johnson would have been sacked a long time ago, for example.

ReputationRep:
    Life isn't fair.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.