Turn on thread page Beta

I have no idea what I'm doing with my life watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm in my last year of college now so the pressures on to pick a uni and pick a course and what not but I just have no idea what I want to do. I don't enjoy college anymore so I'm finding it hard to pick a subject I want to study for the rest of my life. I don't know if I'd even be cut out for university but I can't find anything else I'd like to do. I have a job so I could see if they'd let me work full time but I definitely don't want to be stuck there forever. All my friends are going off to uni and I feel like I'd be left behind and missing out on a huge life experience if I don't go. I'm just really stuck for what to do. Anyone else been here and have some advice?

ReputationRep:
    I think this is why gap years were made!

Uni isn't for everyone, may sound really cheesey but go find yourself and you can always apply for uni later.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeaplaneLady)
    I think this is why gap years were made!

Uni isn't for everyone, may sound really cheesey but go find yourself and you can always apply for uni later.
    I'd planned to take a gap year but I'm worried the gap year will end and then I'll need another gap year to figure out what I'm gonna do I'm also worried about starting uni older, I know a lot of people do it but I don't want to be that one person to show up at the age of like 25 and then graduate at like 28 :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SincerelyMe)
    I'd planned to take a gap year but I'm worried the gap year will end and then I'll need another gap year to figure out what I'm gonna do I'm also worried about starting uni older, I know a lot of people do it but I don't want to be that one person to show up at the age of like 25 and then graduate at like 28 :/
    Do things because you want to do them, don't worry what other people think. You might find the industry you find your passion in doesn't even need uni quals.

ReputationRep:
    It is better to go to uni later and study the right thing than do it now just because thats what other people do and do the wrong subject

ReputationRep:
    I'm in my last year of college now so the pressures on to pick a uni and pick a course and what not but I just have no idea what I want to do. I don't enjoy college anymore so I'm finding it hard to pick a subject I want to study for the rest of my life. I don't know if I'd even be cut out for university but I can't find anything else I'd like to do. I have a job so I could see if they'd let me work full time but I definitely don't want to be stuck there forever. All my friends are going off to uni and I feel like I'd be left behind and missing out on a huge life experience if I don't go. I'm just really stuck for what to do. Anyone else been here and have some advice?
    If you aren't sure what you'd like to do are there any places you could get some work experience or shadow anyone so you can try out some different careers? I did a lot of work placements/volunteering during college and uni and it helped so much for seeing what I might want to do and discovering jobs/pathways I hadn't know about before and meeting people who could help me get there.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 13, 2017
Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.