The Student Room Group

Personal statement ?!!?!?

ok so i have a personal statement based on accounting and finance but i kinda wanna apply for international business also...soooo should i change my personal statement or is one based on accounting and finance okay for international business?!?!
Original post by smartiecookie
ok so i have a personal statement based on accounting and finance but i kinda wanna apply for international business also...soooo should i change my personal statement or is one based on accounting and finance okay for international business?!?!

You should really be making your personal statement based around what you want to take at university...however, if you did decide to make a "generic" one it would be very difficult as you wouldn't be able to give specifics (if that makes sense)
Original post by rafiali99
You should really be making your personal statement based around what you want to take at university...however, if you did decide to make a "generic" one it would be very difficult as you wouldn't be able to give specifics (if that makes sense)

Thank you for replying, yep i understand a generic one is not ideal but at this point in time im unsure between the two courses, got any advice on picking one?
Original post by smartiecookie
Thank you for replying, yep i understand a generic one is not ideal but at this point in time im unsure between the two courses, got any advice on picking one?

Personally, I'd pick one which is your ideal choice out of the two (possibly the one which requires lower entry requirements) because your personal statement gets you into uni. If you get better grades than expected then there is nothing stopping you from changing your degree course once into uni IF you reach those entry requirements listed. This way, you have the option of continuing on what you already chose and if you want to change your course then you can if you did better than expected and have achieved the entry requirements.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending