Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi I plan on going to university and study midwifery , but my only problem is the requirement. As majority of the universities that I want to go to have a set requirement of 128 (ABB) and realistically I don’t think I would get that, but I was thinking on going through another route in order to become a midwife, and that is by applying for adult nursing.

I need advice on wether or not this would be helpful and beneficial for me. PLEASE I REALLY NEED GUIDANCE.

Thank you.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Mariya261)
    Hi I plan on going to university and study midwifery , but my only problem is the requirement. As majority of the universities that I want to go to have a set requirement of 128 (ABB) and realistically I don’t think I would get that, but I was thinking on going through another route in order to become a midwife, and that is by applying for adult nursing.

I need advice on wether or not this would be helpful and beneficial for me. PLEASE I REALLY NEED GUIDANCE.

Thank you.
    Hi, I am a student adult nurse, the only things about applying for adult nursing when you want to study midwifery are: 1. There may not be a midwifery conversion course available when you finish your degree or you may not be successful gaining a place. 2. The interviewers may sense you are not 100% set on adult nursing and you may not gain a place. and 3. You will have to do everything expected of you on the adult nursing course which could be extra difficult if you are passionate about midwifery & not adult nursing.
    It's worth keeping in mind that there may be a chance of still getting a place if you just miss your grades for your offer. And you can give yourself the best chance of getting the grades you need by using all the resources available to you at college.
    There is also the option of clearing if you want to explore all the options available to you after results day.
    I'm sorry that this post has a negative feel to it but it is important to consider negatives that comes with trying a 'tactical approach' to applying for nursing & midwifery courses.
    I hope this helps & good luck with everything.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.