Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Do you think it's fair that students should have to work in a room that's 14 degrees Celsius?

ReputationRep:
    the cold will keep you awake. that isn't particuarly cruel anyway...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PoetryBlues)
    Do you think it's fair that students should have to work in a room that's 14 degrees Celsius?
    Just do some star jumps or go for a food shop. They both warm me up 😂
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by entertainmyfaith)
    the cold will keep you awake. that isn't particuarly cruel anyway...
    I value your opinion but in my case I get more tired when cold, as hypothermia starts setting in which makes me drowsy.

ReputationRep:
    I value your opinion but in my case I get more tired when cold, as hypothermia starts setting in which makes me drowsy.
    you might have to get used to it, or just wear a few extra layers- maybe ask to turn the heating on in the room? i don't find that temperature too bad lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by entertainmyfaith)
    you might have to get used to it, or just wear a few extra layers- maybe ask to turn the heating on in the room? i don't find that temperature too bad lmao
    You're lucky then! Nothing stops me being cold But I just wondered if I was being fussy or other people agreed 14 degrees was a little extreme.

ReputationRep:
    You're lucky then! Nothing stops me being cold But I just wondered if I was being fussy or other people agreed 14 degrees was a little extreme.
    i'm the wrong person to ask bc i love the cold

ReputationRep:
    it isn't fair - I had this problem in the winter last year as the heating wouldn't work. it's hard to work in the cold and makes you tired because your energy is focusing on warming you up

ReputationRep:
    I think it's best you ask your teacher. We all work at different temperatures so if you ask the teacher, He/she will probably turn up the heating

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poetryblues)
    you're lucky then! Nothing stops me being cold but i just wondered if i was being fussy or other people agreed 14 degrees was a little extreme.
    boi i got pe first thing tomorrow - this morning it was 1 degrees celsius like no

ReputationRep:
    Very hard. Your fingers get stiff and so weak because of the cold so it's so difficult to write. It takes EFFORT.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emerald777O)
    Very hard. Your fingers get stiff and so weak because of the cold so it's so difficult to write. It takes EFFORT.
    What is this effort you talk about? I have never experienced it before....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill Nye)
    What is this effort you talk about? I have never experienced it before....
    It takes effort to write when your hands are freezing and stiff

ReputationRep:
    It would be a bit cruel if you were all wearing very little, say just swimwear or were naked. For some people in the north of England that is possibly tropical!

Snowflakes!!

ReputationRep:
    It takes effort to write when your hands are freezing and stiff
    I know it was joke but okay.

One of my bad jokes that no-one gets but me

I spend my morning, break and lunch running around playing manhunt in the cold. My hands go pretty much numb.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Preach.

Have you tried playing a computer game with cold hands? Clicking on the mouse fast with cold hands is impossible!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill Nye)
    I know it was joke but okay.

One of my bad jokes that no-one gets but me

I spend my morning, break and lunch running around playing manhunt in the cold. My hands go pretty much numb.
    Loool sorry

Manhunt? What is that? Is it another one of your jokes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ninja Squirrel)
    Preach.

Have you tried playing a computer game with cold hands? Clicking on the mouse fast with cold hands is impossible!
    Yeah man tryna play anagram magic on mini clip and keep losing because of the cold. Heaters don't do nothing for me!!! It acc is impossible

ReputationRep:
    Loool sorry

Manhunt? What is that? Is it another one of your jokes
    An edgier version of tag

One person starts off as being it, and to get someone you don't say tag you say 'one two three manhunt'. Then you and them are it. It keeps going until one person isn't it - they are the winner and get to choose who is it next round.

Did I really just explain what a slightly different version of tag was?

I'm sorry.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Yeah man tryna play anagram magic on mini clip and keep losing because of the cold. Heaters don't do nothing for me!!! It acc is impossible
    oh my days miniclip... is that website still going? Dayum I used to go on that website during my IT lessons and my teacher used to use a screen monitor program to see everyone's screens from his computer and use to catch me all the time

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.