Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am not an international student, I am a UK citizen. So can I take a foundation course or are they just for international students. Can't find the answer anywhere. The course I am trying to do is computer science at Birmingham City University.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by MhmdA)
    I am not an international student, I am a UK citizen. So can I take a foundation course or are they just for international students. Can't find the answer anywhere. The course I am trying to do is computer science at Birmingham City University.
    Foundation years exist for UK students so there might be ones available to you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MhmdA)
    You can take them, you just need to look at the specific subject; it will usually specify something like "International Foundation" or something in the title if it's specifically for non-UK; just avoid those.

Taking a quick look, Birmingham City doesn't offer a foundation year in CompSci I'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CastCuraga)
    You can take them, you just need to look at the specific subject; it will usually specify something like "International Foundation" or something in the title if it's specifically for non-UK; just avoid those.

Taking a quick look, Birmingham City doesn't offer a foundation year in CompSci I'm afraid.
    I have already added it to my UCAS application. Computer science with a foundation year. So they do. I'm just unsure if its for everyone or just international students.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.