Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why does this girl keep repeating us?? Watch

ReputationRep:
    So we have a friendship group (4 of us) in college and me and my friend have noticed that this one girl in our group keeps repeating everything we say.

For example one of us will ask a question e.g. "When is the homework due?" Someone will reply "I'm not sure" and she'll say "I'm not sure". Or after everything we say, she'll follow with "yeah". Or for example I was giving my friend boyfriend advice and I said "Clearly he doesnt care about you if he's doing that" and she'll say "yeah clearly he doesnt care about you" like she's a parrot??? Or Someone will say "Why does the teacher always do that" and she'll be like "Yeah why does she do that" ... its starting to get REALLY annoying. Its like she doesnt have a mind of her own and she'll also copy my work sometimes which pisses me off and I've stopped her from doing.

She's also got like major problems e.g. social anxiety and a psychopathic mother (or so it seems from the way she describes her) and she acts as if we are all super close (she asked if she could borrow £300 from us a few weeks ago?) when we all just met a couple of months ago. She'll message us in the group chat like 5 times a day with "hey how is everyone" and if nobody replies, she'll get really upset with us all saying that we aren't being nice.

Why is this girl like this???

ReputationRep:
    She wants attention as she probably wasn't given it at a child due to her mum being 'psychopathic'. Just be nice to her and take an interest in her life. Don't be a d*ck, it will only make things worse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amaraub)
    She wants attention as she probably wasn't given it at a child due to her mum being 'psychopathic'. Just be nice to her and take an interest in her life. Don't be a d*ck, it will only make things worse.
    I've TRIED to be nice to her but its come to the point where she's just coming off as extremely needy and dependent on us and its not healthy for anyone?? Its like you cant relax around her because she'll get offended by the smallest things. I also feel like she feels a little bit entitled e.g. asking us for money and also when I offered to pay for something ONCE cause she said she didn't have any money, shes brought that up a couple times in the future like "Are you still gonna pay for me?".
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    She's probably really sensitive so maybe that's why she gets offended or smth.Also maybe coz of her anxiety. Be nice to her innit. Also what if she knows that you've said this about her on tsr coz she might find out from your profile pic if she has an student room account. Careful man

ReputationRep:
    Next time you repeat whatever she says. (yeah you repeat whatever she says)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluemadhatter)
    I've TRIED to be nice to her but its come to the point where she's just coming off as extremely needy and dependent on us and its not healthy for anyone?? Its like you cant relax around her because she'll get offended by the smallest things. I also feel like she feels a little bit entitled e.g. asking us for money and also when I offered to pay for something ONCE cause she said she didn't have any money, shes brought that up a couple times in the future like "Are you still gonna pay for me?".
    Ahhh ok. I know what you mean. Yeah she really wants attention. Don't be the one to bug out on her, trust I've been there

ReputationRep:
    Speak to someone at college - do you have a welfare team as part of student services? It sounds like she might need help, and is seeking help and support from you. It can become a very unhealthy relationship judging by some of the comments you've made on this thread, so pointing her in the direction/talking to a more qualified member of staff might be able to get her the help she may need.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prophetkid)
    Speak to someone at college - do you have a welfare team as part of student services? It sounds like she might need help, and is seeking help and support from you. It can become a very unhealthy relationship judging by some of the comments you've made on this thread, so pointing her in the direction/talking to a more qualified member of staff might be able to get her the help she may need.
    She has a job but she says that her mom takes all her money?? We have also pointed her to the right direction many times to go see someone about her issues or to maybe move out of her mothers house but she refuses. She also seems to exaggerate a lot.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.