Turn on thread page Beta

Statement from the Chancellor Of The Exchequer watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mattymoo432)
    I thought the Budget was on 22nd November... Why do you have this now?
    This is the model House of Commons here on tsr not the rl budget, you can tell this because the figures are incorrect and it is attacking the vulnerable in society, that is thanks to labour’s influence on this budget and not Theresa May’s government

ReputationRep:
    We waited 5 months for this? :rofl: :toofunny:

First of all Winter payments have all ready been repealed, so implementing that in the budget does nothing. Tax on sex industry? Just no, you didn't explain how this tax will be levied on costumers when paying for sex. Reinstating Apd and some how generates £3.22bn of revenue? Even do when it was repealed it raised £400-350mn? Not sure where you got this number from. You want to destroy the aviation industry by implementing more taxes on the industry and diving up aviation companies cost. Abolishing TV license for a levy on all households? No that's worse than the current license system and it fact hits the poorest in society. Mansion tax? No I do not believe we need to be taxing people mansions which they earned through hard work. This would end up scaring the rich away and move abroad to avoid paying the mansion tax. Increasing capital gains tax? No capital gain tax is a poor form of taxation and raises little and disencourages investment. Also how can you increase capital gains tax when it was already abolished under TSR law? You can't increase something that doesn't exist.

Overall this is a poorly researched budget with wrong and outdated figures and lack of sources available. I'm disappointed in the quality of this budget this government have produced and the lack of effort from the chancellor who couldn't be bothered to properly research.This makes the last government budget look good in comparison. It's a strong Nay from me.

ReputationRep:
    It's amusing seeing Jammy rip apart the budget I must say.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by mr T 999)
    We waited 5 months for this? :rofl: :toofunny:

First of all Winter payments have all ready been repealed, so implementing that in the budget does nothing. Tax on sex industry? Just no, you didn't explain how this tax will be levied on costumers when paying for sex. Reinstating Apd and some how generates £3.22bn of revenue? Even do when it was repealed it raised £400-350mn? Not sure where you got this number from. You want to destroy the aviation industry by implementing more taxes on the industry and diving up aviation companies cost. Abolishing TV license for a levy on all households? No that's worse than the current license system and it fact hits the poorest in society. Mansion tax? No I do not believe we need to be taxing people mansions which they earned through hard work. This would end up scaring the rich away and move abroad to avoid paying the mansion tax. Increasing capital gains tax? No capital gain tax is a poor form of taxation and raises little and disencourages investment. Also how can you increase capital gains tax when it was already abolished under TSR law? You can't increase something that doesn't exist.

Overall this is a poorly researched budget with wrong and outdated figures and lack of sources available. I'm disappointed in the quality of this budget this government have produced and the lack of effort from the chancellor who couldn't be bothered to properly research.This makes the last government budget look good in comparison. It's a strong Nay from me.
    Actually APD made 3183m in 2016-17 provisionally.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    It was more fun doing it last time

My favorite is the MoD SoI a bit back that was withdrawn a few hours after every figure was shown to be absurd. It then returned in the budget with every number divided by 10 and ripped into for being arbitrary all over again.

As I recall there was something dumb like direct aid to fund Afghan government projects to the tune of 70% of the Afghan budget or something like that. Significantly more than doubling the Cyber security budget too, might have been something like 5-10x

I'll need to dig it out tomorrow
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    He's been excited for weeks, according to Mrs Duel.:teehee:

ReputationRep:
    Rakas21 following the collapse of the government and the minister responsible leaving his post, this statement should be automatically withdrawn.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Connor27)
    Rakas21 following the collapse of the government and the minister responsible leaving his post, this statement should be automatically withdrawn.
    I have already asked about this, unsurprisingly he has been too lazy to address the issue.

ReputationRep:
    This is withdrawn.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.