Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I sleep way more than most people and I really don't understand why. If I have anything less than 10 hours of sleep I am exhausted and I can easily sleep for 12 hours if I have nothing to wake up for. Supposedly at my age 8 hours is the healthiest amount of sleep, but I'm exhausted if I only sleep 8 hours. Just wondered if anyone else sleeps a lot or seems to need more sleep than others.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    you aint alone, soon as the weekend hits i sleep in till like 2, i guess we just lazy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesgillian123)
    you aint alone, soon as the weekend hits i sleep in till like 2, i guess we just lazy
    It's wack tho like I have friends who can sleep for like 6 hours and be off doing whatever. Anything less than 10 hours I'm a zombie. Like I slept 8 hours last night, 12-8, and I'm dying

ReputationRep:
    yeah i'm the same - u gotta start drinking coffee its the only way.

bra size?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmmaRebecca1997)
    I sleep way more than most people and I really don't understand why. If I have anything less than 10 hours of sleep I am exhausted and I can easily sleep for 12 hours if I have nothing to wake up for. Supposedly at my age 8 hours is the healthiest amount of sleep, but I'm exhausted if I only sleep 8 hours. Just wondered if anyone else sleeps a lot or seems to need more sleep than others.
    Worth seeing your doc to make sure you don't have any deficiencies or anything. They're pretty common and will make you tired. It's usually a simple fix with some diet change or supplements.
    Also make sure you are eating well and drinking enough.

Hope that helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by big ledba)

bra size?
    I don't like coffee tho lmao that's the issue and I don't wanna drink too many energy drinks bc they can really mess you up

And I'm gonna ignore that last part

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kindred)
    Worth seeing your doc to make sure you don't have any deficiencies or anything. They're pretty common and will make you tired. It's usually a simple fix with some diet change or supplements.
    Also make sure you are eating well and drinking enough.

Hope that helps.
    I've been told before I have an iron deficiency but I've been put on countless supplements etc and it's never made a difference to tiredness despite me taking them and trying to eat more iron-rich foods. Plus it's common for women to have iron deficiencies because of the fact we have periods etc and my doctor has always said it's never particularly below what is normal for a woman

ReputationRep:

bra size?
    LOL
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmmaRebecca1997)
    I've been told before I have an iron deficiency but I've been put on countless supplements etc and it's never made a difference to tiredness despite me taking them and trying to eat more iron-rich foods. Plus it's common for women to have iron deficiencies because of the fact we have periods etc and my doctor has always said it's never particularly below what is normal for a woman
    Have your levels been checked after you started supplements? Have you been checked for other things?
    Also, what is it you're doing when you're awake- anything particularly draining?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kindred)
    Have your levels been checked after you started supplements? Have you been checked for other things?
    Also, what is it you're doing when you're awake- anything particularly draining?
    I've been checked for B12 deficiency because that actually runs in my family but that came back as normal. I don't really do a lot tbh because of the fact I'm so tired like I wake up, to to my lecturers, come home, do work sometimes, and just do things like play video games or watch tv bc I never have the energy to do much else

ReputationRep:
    If I over sleep then I get so tired and feel sleepy

ReputationRep:

Bra size?
    Name:  SMOOTH.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  34.9 KB
    ahahahahaha smooooooth brooo

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 13, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.