Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I've always been living in EU country - non UK, but I want to study in Scotland. Is there any chance I get any kind of loan for my tuition fee or do I have to simply pay the tuition as it is?

I've read all the statements by SAAS, but I am not sure what to think about it.
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by Jagodda)
    Hi,
    I've always been living in EU country - non UK, but I want to study in Scotland. Is there any chance I get any kind of loan for my tuition fee or do I have to simply pay the tuition as it is?

I've read all the statements by SAAS, but I am not sure what to think about it.
    If you are an EU national and have been resident in the EU for three years preceeding the course, then yes you can apply. It would be home student rate, but I have a feeling there may be no tuition fee at all, please check.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    If you are an EU national and have been resident in the EU for three years preceeding the course, then yes you can apply. It would be home student rate, but I have a feeling there may be no tuition fee at all, please check.
    Thank you, now I know it is no tuition fee for me. Thank you! Thread to be closed.
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by Jagodda)
    Thank you, now I know it is no tuition fee for me. Thank you! Thread to be closed.
    Just to confirm that you are a non EU national.= no if not, except

If you lived in the UK for more than 7 years and have indefinite leave to remain i.e a refugee, then theres a chance.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles

Official student finance zone

Quick Link

Unanswered SAAS Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.