Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've just started my first year of university and my mental health has taken a complete nose dive, after breaking up with an abusive drug addict and trying to work through everything I am a complete wreck. I haven't gone to university lectures in 5 weeks. I've started medication but am waiting to see if it is actually going to help with OCD and am waiting for an appointment with the mental health team. My doctor has recommended that I go home and come back every other week to collect post and anything I'd need but use the online resources to 'complete' the lectures on my own at my family home. My mum however is wanting me to drop out completely and get a job but I'm really not confident that I'd be in a secure enough place to hold one down. I've also had Open University suggested to me but the course I am currently studying is not on their. Or I could go to a different University next year or try a different course. I'm really not sure what to do. Ideally I'd be able to do it from home but I'm worried I'd miss important facts. I am really interested in my course but I am starting to wonder if I need to do something else that may inspire me more?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cxupdetat)
    I've just started my first year of university and my mental health has taken a complete nose dive, after breaking up with an abusive drug addict and trying to work through everything I am a complete wreck. I haven't gone to university lectures in 5 weeks. I've started medication but am waiting to see if it is actually going to help with OCD and am waiting for an appointment with the mental health team. My doctor has recommended that I go home and come back every other week to collect post and anything I'd need but use the online resources to 'complete' the lectures on my own at my family home. My mum however is wanting me to drop out completely and get a job but I'm really not confident that I'd be in a secure enough place to hold one down. I've also had Open University suggested to me but the course I am currently studying is not on their. Or I could go to a different University next year or try a different course. I'm really not sure what to do. Ideally I'd be able to do it from home but I'm worried I'd miss important facts. I am really interested in my course but I am starting to wonder if I need to do something else that may inspire me more?
    PM me so we can speak privately, I will try to help you! I'm a current first year at uni of Liverpool too!

ReputationRep:
    Mmm it might be worth speaking to the university and withdrawing for the rest of the year for you to try and deal with your problems and then restarting again next year?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

University of Liverpool Guide

Featured accommodation profiles:

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Quick links:

Unanswered University of Liverpool ThreadsStalking pages becomes University Connect, connect to other Liverpool applicants now!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.