Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you always feel like you deserve to be lonely? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, it's more of like a ranting and your input is welcome too. I was wondering if people relate to me.
    So, you see, I always feel so lonely like I have no one who will die for me. I know I am ungrateful cuz I am pretty sure my family will do it. But it's like no one cares about me. If I am upset, my friends will tell me to get over it or just say 'awww' instead of helping me. The 'friends' that I hang around with are amazing people and I adore them all but I just think that I am not a good person because I don't have the ability to have a good friendship. I don't think I will ever have a relationship like a best friend only just cause I am incapable to have that kind of connection with someone.
    Also, I ignore and take the people who actually cares about me for granted. When my parents annoy me, I get really rude and behave like a 3 years old. Afterwards, I feel guilty. I can't remember that last time I told my mum, dad or brother that I love them cuz I think I never did. And I don't know remember anyone telling me that they love me either. Do you guys get me?
    So is it just me or do you think you deserve to be lonely and can't ever have a best friend or a deep connection with someone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sujana)
    Hi, it's more of like a ranting and your input is welcome too. I was wondering if people relate to me.
    So, you see, I always feel so lonely like I have no one who will die for me. I know I am ungrateful cuz I am pretty sure my family will do it. But it's like no one cares about me. If I am upset, my friends will tell me to get over it or just say 'awww' instead of helping me. The 'friends' that I hang around with are amazing people and I adore them all but I just think that I am not a good person because I don't have the ability to have a good friendship. I don't think I will ever have a relationship like a best friend only just cause I am incapable to have that kind of connection with someone.
    Also, I ignore and take the people who actually cares about me for granted. When my parents annoy me, I get really rude and behave like a 3 years old. Afterwards, I feel guilty. I can't remember that last time I told my mum, dad or brother that I love them cuz I think I never did. And I don't know remember anyone telling me that they love me either. Do you guys get me?
    So is it just me or do you think you deserve to be lonely and can't ever have a best friend or a deep connection with someone?
    I've never had a deep connection to anyone either nor had a best friend. I've learnt to live with this lonely feeling and just focus on myself as a result.

ReputationRep:
    I can relate. I am pretty lonely and have had some really bad friendships in the past, and I can't help but think it's all my fault. I'm honestly really scared I'll never be close to anyone, I've major trust-issues and honestly feel like I don't know how to be/make friends anymore..
    I mean I do have a couple of friends, but we're not that close.
    So yeah I get you

ReputationRep:
    I do have friends that I can turn to who will help me if I'm upset, but I feel it would be bloody selfish of me to burden someone with my own problems. I shouldn't bother other people's lives.

The weird thing is, I wouldn't mind if someone turned to me if THEY were upset, I just don't want to be a burden to others. My logic is sort of one-way in this case...

ReputationRep:
    I don't look at it that way. Sometimes the people around me aren't the best, and I'm such an awesome person. So yeah, I deserve to be alone sometimes, its my right. See, optimism is the best policy.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Nah. I have some top mates, but they put up with a lot because I'm ****ing neurotic and withdraw a lot. Some of us just drop on with people, I guess. I'm not sure I'd put up with me if the boot was on the other foot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gjd800)
    Nah. I have some top mates, but they put up with a lot because I'm ****ing neurotic and withdraw a lot. Some of us just drop on with people, I guess. I'm not sure I'd put up with me if the boot was on the other foot.
    Interesting...why do you withdraw then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salt Queen)
    Interesting...why do you withdraw then
    I'm not by nature a people person and need the time away from them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gjd800)
    I'm not by nature a people person and need the time away from them.
    :/ then how do you get to know or meet people 😔

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salt Queen)
    :/ then how do you get to know or meet people 😔
    The same way anyone else does, in the pub or at festivals/gigs. Preferring your own company doesn't mean you never see other people.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.