Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Background info Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    hey! my names em, and I've just started studying my A-Levels in Geography, Graphic Communication and Fashion & Textiles. I've also decided to take on an EPQ based on Interior Design, but I don't start that until after Christmas (sorry I mentioned Xmas so early, but I love it haha!).
    So why have I decided to start a blog? Well, A-Levels haven't been all that easy since I started Sixth Form, in particular, Geography. I always knew A-Levels would be a huge step up from GCSE, but it almost felt too much a couple weeks ago. The week before half term seemed really difficult, and like whatever I did towards Geography wasn't enough. Like it wasn't helping me in the slightest. A huge wake-up call for me was Spearman's Rank Correlation in Physical Geography. I just didn't understand it at all. So, after constantly telling myself I couldn't do it, it started to affect my learning in the rest of Geography - both Physical and Human. It got to the point where I didn't know what to do in order to help me progress forward. So I spoke to my Head of Sixth Form and he organised a meeting to talk with my teacher. However, the next day, my Human Geography teacher noticed something was wrong, questioned me, and of course, my usual emotional self, burst into tears and tried to get enough air into my lungs between sobs to explain to her what was going on. It was hard to talk about it, I felt as though I was giving into failure, but I learnt from talking about it, making other people aware, getting the help I needed, meant everything became, slowly, but gradually better. Two weeks on, I'm feeling much more confident, patient, calm and like I can do what I (used to) believe I couldn't.

So basically, over the next two years, I will be documenting my Sixth Form journey on this thread in order to track my progress, write down what is going through my head, and to help others who may be in a similar situation to me, or just need to know others are in the same, very rocky, uneasy and unpredictable, boat as them.

I will update every weekend to let Y'all know how the week went. If you have any questions or want me to talk about revision techniques, break techniques, or anything else, please leave me a comment, or send me a personal message, and I'll be sure to answer ASAP.

Well, see you soon, Em xx

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.